New ChalkBucket Theme

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This is possibly totally weird and unrelated, but the whole site is not working at all for me connected to my wifi, only 4G. Everything else is fine (YouTube is usually the big teller if it’s my internet being a piece of garbage, it’s actually super fast today!). If I try to load the page on wifi it just tells me I’m not connected to the internet. So strange!

When I got home I opened the site, the new one popped up. Then I logged in and it went back to the old one!

Since you are an admin... you can still select the old style. The old styles will be deleted soon... then you will always get the new style. Just go to the bottom to the style selector and select "ChalkBucket UI.X".

Since you are an admin... you can still select the old style. The old styles will be deleted soon... then you will always get the new style. Just go to the bottom to the style selector and select "ChalkBucket UI.X".

Nifty! Thank you!

Not sure I like the glowing green dot on my avatar alerting everyone as to how often I truly online! :eek:

This is what I am noticing... maybe everyone can help me confirm this...
  1. Admins always see everyones status regardless of profile settings
  2. You always see your own green dot
  3. The "show online status" check box works in all other situations

I’m looking at the new theme (on my phone) for the first time. I think the navigation is better and it looks great. I don’t see any problems but I have a few suggestions as long as you asked.

On the new or recent links (maybe you could color code the name of the forum so at quick glance someone could identify which forum the thread is from?

Interesting idea... not sure if that is possible or not.

For members maybe there could be a way to have new posts from the social groups show up on the new post/ recent posts buttons? I feel like that would drive more traffic to the social groups.

Social group posts do show up in "new / recent posts"... but only if you are a member of the group. The posts do not show up other than that as many of them are private.

At the bottom there’s a button for quick navigation menu. This is very minor but I think less space is needed for the general links. More space for the forums. Also the layout of the forums there is not very user friendly. Maybe just list the main forums. Not sure all the archived forums need to be listed there. Also the social groups aren’t listed and there’s no link to get to them from the quick links.

There are lots of different options with this theme... I will research and see what I can do. These are all valid points.

Not really a theme suggestion, but a search suggestion. Is it possible to make search more specific, ie if a searched phrase is in quotes only return results with that exact phrase. I was trying to search front flyaways. Got a ton of results with none relevant. Searched for chalkbucket front flyaway through google and it was much more workable.

Social group posts do show up in "new / recent posts"... but only if you are a member of the group. The posts do not show up other than that as many of them are private.
I'm 99% sure I don't see social groups posts when I click on the new/recent buttons on the top of the page. Is there a setting for this? I do get a notification if I'm following the group/thread.

I don't like it. There are too many categories and too much going on. Sorry. It took me awhile to figure out what was going on, and everything is squared now, except the circle avatar--but its in the square.

I turned off my online status notification, but the dot is still there. It's also very bright, and distracting when its doing that radiating circle thing. Why is this necessary?

Personal opinion... can we mute the colors a little on the banners? They are incredibly bright...
Like the new theme though!

Yes, this. So far I like new them pretty well except the boldness of the banners- would love to see a change in their color and size.

Not really a theme suggestion, but a search suggestion. Is it possible to make search more specific, ie if a searched phrase is in quotes only return results with that exact phrase. I was trying to search front flyaways. Got a ton of results with none relevant. Searched for chalkbucket front flyaway through google and it was much more workable.

Right now the search is not working well. We used to have elasticsearch running... which returns much better results. For now... I would say using Google is the best option. I am working on a better solution for the future.

This is possibly totally weird and unrelated, but the whole site is not working at all for me connected to my wifi, only 4G. Everything else is fine (YouTube is usually the big teller if it’s my internet being a piece of garbage, it’s actually super fast today!). If I try to load the page on wifi it just tells me I’m not connected to the internet. So strange!

Check this thread...

https://www.chalkbucket.com/forums/threads/4g-vs-wifi.62562/#post-556251

I really like that the title of the threads that I haven't read since the last comment was made show up as a different color than the one's I have read.

Also, those of you that haven't updated the default avatar with your own choice should do so, the bright blue/white head thing stands out more in the new theme.(Though I know I am the last one that should be judging, as it took me 8 years before I did it!)

User banners have been changed to grey until I have time to restyle them.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back