DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
The old chat box was having some issues. We have upgraded to a new one which I like much better. Let me know what you think.

THumbs up...it refreshes a lot faster then the old one did on my computer. Thank you !!!

The Chat Box is no longer showing up for me when I am in a thread. Do you have to be in Chat now or am I having a technical difficulty?

The Chat Box is no longer showing up for me when I am in a thread. Do you have to be in Chat now or am I having a technical difficulty?

I have added to chat box to the thread page also.

Do to server load, the chat box will not be shown on the thread page anymore. It was killing the site....sorry.

Hmm, it's not showing up on the main page either....not the page with each thread but the page where you can look at all the boards within chalkbucket.

I think it would be a mistake to completely eliminate the chatbox from every page except the full chatbox page, because most of us don't go into the full chatbox page unless we see someone else is in there, and we can't see if someone else is there unless it shows up on the main page. I liked it when it showed up on the main page and there was the option to "turn it off" if the older people don't want to see it.

Yes...it would be nice to have the chat box on more than the full page. I do plan on leaving it on the main forum page for now. However, as the forum grows, it will eventually be only on the full chat page. The chat box is a resource hog...it raises the server load quite drastically. Unfortunately, there is no way to fix this...other than limiting the screens that it appears on.

We have explored other options (like IRC) in the past. I will start looking into them again as we need a better chat solution.

Hmm, it's not showing up on the main page either....not the page with each thread but the page where you can look at all the boards within chalkbucket.

I think it would be a mistake to completely eliminate the chatbox from every page except the full chatbox page, because most of us don't go into the full chatbox page unless we see someone else is in there, and we can't see if someone else is there unless it shows up on the main page. I liked it when it showed up on the main page and there was the option to "turn it off" if the older people don't want to see it.

The community is a lot larger now than it was last time we tried to set up an IRC channel.

Well here is an idea. If you need to restrict the chatbox to the big chatbox page only, can you put just the thing that show's who has been active in the chat in the last 10 mins on the main forum page? That way, someone looking at the forums can see "oh, so and so is in the chat, so let me join them".

Well here is an idea. If you need to restrict the chatbox to the big chatbox page only, can you put just the thing that show's who has been active in the chat in the last 10 mins on the main forum page? That way, someone looking at the forums can see "oh, so and so is in the chat, so let me join them".

That actually sounds like a great idea.

The old chat box was having some issues. We have upgraded to a new one which I like much better. Let me know what you think.
I am having such a hard time finding the actual "chat box!" Where is it? I joined yesterday and I still cant figure it out... Help me Please!

Click on the box at the top that says chat, there is a girl on it doing a handstand. You cannot use chat until you have 15 posts, please read the rules too.

The chat box doesn't get a lot of use here really though.

Lost!!

How do I get to the new chat box? I must be not thinking right!!f

The chatbox is no more. JBS removed it because it was too server-intensive, and was partly responsible for the site's downtime.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back