MAG New England / New York Gyms

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

ChalkUp

Proud Parent
Sep 10, 2021
Country
USA
Hi everyone! We are looking to relocate from Texas to the New England or New York area for various reasons. My son is on the boys gymnastics team here and we want to consider gyms when we decide where to relocate to. My husband works from home, so we have flexibility on location.
Gyms with boys team programs are really few and far between here, so I don't want to make the mistake of moving an hour away from the closest gym!
Does anyone have a list of gyms that have competition teams or have a gym they recommend?

My son is almost 10 and will be competing as the "new" level 4 this season. He likes gym a lot, but it's not going to be a career for him. So we don't need the top flight, most serious gym possible, but something where he can grow and have fun and be challenged for the next few years would be amazing. NY/CT/MA/VT/ME are all on the table (in that current order of priority).

Thanks in advance!

IreneKa

Proud Parent
Fan
Mar 18, 2013
Country
USA
One of the best boys programs in MA I believe is at MEGA

Massachusetts Elite Gymnatics Academy

Last edited by a moderator:

ldw4mlo

Proud Parent
Feb 13, 2015
Country
USA
Kinda upstate NY but not way upstate
Kennetts in Goshen, NY has a boys/men’s program. I don’t know how strong?

Galaxy might but that’s rather close to NYC

ChalkUp

Proud Parent
Sep 10, 2021
Country
USA
Kinda upstate NY but not way upstate
Kennetts in Goshen, NY has a boys/men’s program. I don’t know how strong?

Galaxy might but that’s rather close to NYC
I added Kennett's to my list, thank you!
I called Galaxy already and they do not have a boys program.

ChalkUp

Proud Parent
Sep 10, 2021
Country
USA
One of the best boys programs in MA I believe is at MEGA
Massachusetts Elite Gymnastics Academy
Thanks! That's probably too close to Boston for our budget to handle, but I added it to my list. I appreciate it!

Last edited by a moderator:

ldw4mlo

Proud Parent
Feb 13, 2015
Country
USA
Don’t know any specific boys/men’s program gyms in Rochester NY but it’s a nice area if you are OK with snow. Might be too far west for you

Pigeon

Former Gymnast
Proud Parent
Mar 10, 2015
Country
USA
Albany-ish area has World Class Gymnastics Academy and Ace Gymnastics with boys teams.

I think Bright Raven is also near Rochester.

CoachS

Coach
Coach
Proud Relative
Judge
Apr 20, 2013
New Jersey
Country
USA
If you are moving to lower Upstate NY I's suggest World Class (Ask for Bob), World Cup (Again, ask for Bob), and Kennett (ask for Dimitri). These are all good gyms with solid records.

I also have another idea since you mentioned Galaxy as a gym you called. My gym, Aeon Fitness and Gymnastics, is 15 minutes away from them over the border in Hillsdale, NJ. We have a USAG Men's Team and your son is more than welcome to try out. Another suggestion is if you are closer to Tuxedo, NY would be World Gymnastics Academy in Ringwood, NJ. They are about 10 minutes over the border and the boys are coached by my good friend Evgeny.

If you have any questions about gyms in Region 7 in that Lower Upstate NY Area, feel free to DM me. More than happy to help! Good luck with the move!