New Group of Adult Gymnasts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

As long as I have the money for it and know some of you going to attend I'll be there. I'm going to try and convince the other two competing with me to go too. It would so much fun for all of us to do it together.

This might sound like a weird question but I was wondering if anyone has ever looked into getting sponsors for an adult gymnastics team. Our little group is working hard and we want to continue but its so expensive and we really need to workout even more to be ready by summer so I was thinking we could talk to different local businesses and see if they would sponsor a little group or something like it. Do you think thats a stupid idea or a slight possibility?

Its not a bad idea at all!! Having sponsors I mean People have thier wedding sponsored, and national competitions are sponsored, why not you guys? And I totally want to go to camp too, especially because it is so late in the month, gonna aim for it anyway!!!

you'll never know until you try. i would think of businesses that would have something to gain from sponsoring you: like a day care or a child's clothing store.

Also maybe you could just ask to do a fundraiser on their property or something, like a car wash or a bake sale in their business...just some ideas. That way they don't actualy have to give you money. Of course if you can get money more power to you!

Just wanted to put a note out...

We may be doing an "over the hill" meet at my gym in march or april. Any interest from people on here in joining in? We are in central NY.

I don't think our group will be ready by then and NY is a little far for us since already planning to head to florida this summer but I'll keep it in mind for next year.

Just wanted to give the recent update. Today and talked with the manager and coach of the gym and they are going to get us a monthly rate at the gym for practicing 3 times a week for 1.5 hours each time and are being really supportive of us competing in July. I am so excited. Also all of us are working on getting sponsors and its looking hopeful. I'm working on the gym I work at and the other two competing are working on some other places.

Just wanted to put a note out...

We may be doing an "over the hill" meet at my gym in march or april. Any interest from people on here in joining in? We are in central NY.

I would love to any other year, but this year I am out of all events due to abdominal surgery. Hope you can do it next year.

AAU Jr Olympics is right by where I live, I am going to be there doing mod optional! I think we have 3 going. I'm so excited... I never actually competed in gymnastics before only ever did "fun meets" so this is cool for me.

and JMR132- Depending on the weekend I would SO be in for a meet in CNY, that's where I grew up so it would be an excuse to go to NY to visit the family again and I'm supposed to go up to go to Alice in Wonderland with my sister and some of our friends, so I could hopefully put that all together into the trip. It would rock. Keep me updated!

~Katy

That would be so much fun, but I could only do entry level lol. Actually getting the info on a USAIGC meet for copper level here in New England for march 20th

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back