WAG New Gym for Sophia

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We switched gyms a little over a year ago and it’s been the best thing.

Best of luck to her in the transition.

Being in R4 I was curious who the new kid in town is. While googling that I found that Chow is reported to be named head coach of the Chinese Olympic team. Wow.

Good luck to Sophia!!

Two weeks in and Sophia is so happy. I asked her why yesterday and her response was pretty powerful. She said "Mom, I'm doing gymnastics because I love it again, not trying to do well to avoid punishment". She has found her voice and I think that is really all that matters. This will be a good chance for her to develop her leadership skills before college because she is the oldest on team and as a 5th year level 10 has a lot to offer!

Two weeks in and Sophia is so happy. I asked her why yesterday and her response was pretty powerful. She said "Mom, I'm doing gymnastics because I love it again, not trying to do well to avoid punishment". She has found her voice and I think that is really all that matters. This will be a good chance for her to develop her leadership skills before college because she is the oldest on team and as a 5th year level 10 has a lot to offer!

I wish I could "LOVE" this post! So happy for her!

Best of luck to her at the new gym!!! Hoping to run into both of you at some meets this year! Unfortunately Lily is only doing 2 "home" meets, the Chows meet and the Twisted Moose (and hopefully state and regionals). All of her other meets will be elite qualifiers in different states.

Congratulations - a fresh environment is all they need to LOVE the sport again. Good luck.

Well, we have moved Sophia to a new gym home. Looking forward to a new adventure! Fingers crossed for a positive new family!

I
It makes me sad to hear that Chows is a gym where girls are punished when they don't do well. Hope that we are turning a corner where that kind of training is not acceptable.

I

It makes me sad to hear that Chows is a gym where girls are punished when they don't do well. Hope that we are turning a corner where that kind of training is not acceptable.
To be fair, it was verbal NOT physical punishment BUT it can be as damaging long term in my opinion. Also, it wasn't when they don't do well but anytime that Sophia didn't WIN. You can have a great meet and not win!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back