New Gym Mom in Pennsylvania

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

R

reighngstar

My name is Sandy and we live in the Poconos of Pa. Taking a moment to say hello (Hello) to everyone.
My daughter is 8 and has been in gymnastics for a year and a half. We were attending a small local gym and my daughter couldn't get enough of it. We tried an "open gym" at Parkettes in Allentown Pa. and well...what can I say other than WOW! We are in the process of converting. She is finishing up her classes at our local gym and has started a class at Parkettes. Wish I would have done this sooner. The quality of training is SOOOO different. Julie looked pretty good at the local gym but now she looks like a real novice. I hear that she will grow quickly at this gym. :)

Anyway, look forward to learning and sharing.

Hi there Sandy! Welcome to the CB! And, I guess I should also say welcome to Parkettes! My dd is 7 and is currently on their Level 5 team. She's been at the gym for almost 4 years now and loves every minute of it. What class is your dd in? Is she in a rec class looking to join a team? My dd has her sectional meet next weekend and is hoping to qualify for states. I'm in the gym more often than not so let me know when you're there and we'll try to meet up!

Currently Julie is at our local gym on Mon & Tues (not our orginal schedule), She's still involved with G.S on Wed. She was getting a private every other week at our local on Thurs(not doing that anymore) and is at Parkettes on Fri nights. She would LOVE to be on team, she gave up cheerleading to "focus" on gymnastics. Ms. Julie from Parkettes had only met my Julie 1 time (during an open gym she was helping her with pull overs) I told Ms. Julie that we were looking for a new gym so she sent us a special invite to a new class which will be a new pool of girls for the developemental team or L4 if you make it...on the off nights of that invite class she attends their rec class during the same time period 5-7. Honestly, her skill are so weak compared to the other girls. Especially on bars. She hardly ever got bar time at our local gym.
The local coach asked Julie to join their team, stating that Julie responds well to direction and is very aware of her body. Anyway, after coming to Parkettes for extra practice time I realized if your gonna pay out the money for training, it's a good idea to spend it wisely. I love Parkettes!

I wish your daughter GOOD LUCK at sectionals! Are their practice leo's the pink or the red,white and blue? Or neither...lol

I've heard a lot of newer gym members on team talk about how their girls learned so much since coming to our gym. I don't know any different so I can't say if it's true or not. I might feel the same way if I were to go somewhere else but I don't see that happening any time soon!

My dd Olivia is there Friday nights from 4-7. Tomorrow they're practicing from 2-5 because of the holiday. My ds also does karate there and he'll be there tomorrow from 5-8. Will you be there?

The day before a meet we usually wear the red, white & blue leos. Those were our summer leos from last summer. It's a team leo so they wear it to exhibitions, etc.

Looking forward to meeting you. Best of luck to Julie! :)

Yep, we'll be there. Do you usually stand at the wall or are you relaxed enough to sit down??? I love to watch so I'm always standing.

Maybe we'll catch up...maybe I've already spoke with you. Wouldn't that be funny..lol.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back