new gym mom

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

berrygymmom

Hi, new to chalk bucket. My little gymnast is actually only three turning four in feb. she has been in a preschool gym program for the past year and today I was approached about her going to level one team next season. So I figured I better get up to speed on the sport as I was a soccer player not gymnast growing up!! :)

Sending a friendly welcome from another newbie! My DD has been in gymnastics for a little over a year, also, but she is 7. Look forward to getting to know you!

Welcome to CB!!! Congrats to your DD(darling daughter) on being asked to join the team! There is a wealth of info here...search the forums & post away! Becareful though...it's addicting, lol! Welcome & enjoy!:)

Welcome to CB:)! My dd has been in gymnastics a little over 3 years and is training level 5 at this time. She is 10 years old. Hang on - it's a wild ride;), but fun! It is a great experience for kids, and besides keeping them incredibly fit, it gives them life skills that stay with them for years to come. This is a great place for information - and even a few laughs:)!

Well welcome to CB! I think you will find this message board very resourceful. The people are great! Congradulation to your little dd!

Anyway, I too have 2 young gymmies. My youngest is 4 years old and was in a level 1 class and has just started with level 2. My oldest is 5 years old and just finish competing Level 3 and is training for Level 4 next fall. They started at 3 years old too. It all seems to happen so quickly! I would definetly hold on to your checkbook.... We had lots of fun in our first season of competitions!!

Oh and the way we love pictures and videos!!!

Welcome to the Chalk Bucket! I hope you enjoy the board. I have found it tremendously helpful. My DD is 13 years old and a Level 8 gymnast.

Congrats to your little pumpkin. My best advice for a new parent? Enjoy the early years... and always celebrate the little things!

Hi and welcome. My DD is 8 and just moved to L4. She is currently on the DL w/ a fracture in a growth plate in her wrist - hopefully only two more weeks of no use and she can work her way back.

Just try to sit back and enjoy the ride. As I have recently learned - things can change quickly and it is a bumpy ride :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back