Parents New gym, new skills...good wishes appreciated!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

UnoMas

Proud Parent
Well after 4 years we made the decision to switch gyms. The girls have had two practices at the new gym and older DD already has a few new skills...BWO on beam, front tuck, and a bunch of new tumbling passes (I don't even know what they are!) on the tumble track!:)

That's the good news. The bad news is that it has been very, very hard on older DD and on me. Younger DD at this point is dealing with it well. We are all missing old friends and trying to get used to a new place and people. It's so hard!

Any good wishes and thoughts for a successful transition will be appreciated!

((HUGS)) on your gym change. Whatever the reason for changing, it is never easy! We changed gyms two years ago and right up until the momment we said our "good bye" to a beloved coach it just seemed like a bad dream because I never saw us leaving that gym. But, we survived and not only are things ok, they are great. It was the perfect fit for us & my only regret is not making the move sooner. It will seem weird at first, almost awkward. You will miss your parent friends, your routine, your regular drive to practice. Heck, I even missed my favorite drive thru, LOL! But, by meet season, sitting with the other parents, I liked them...and now I love them two years later. You will make new friends, your DD's will make new friends, and after awhile it will seem like home!! So hang in there!!

Awww--(((hugs))) to the three of you. Changing gyms is always hard and it does take time to get used to a new place and new people. Give it some more time and things will get more comfortable. Hang in there!!

its always hard to leave what you know for something new. Its just like moving to a new home in a new place. Your old friends can still be your friends if you want them to. Just set up times outside of gym to do stuff together. When we moved last year we had the same feelings but we made the effort to get to know the new people and have made a whole new group of friends. We still see those folks we were close to at the old gym.. its like the song says Make new friend but keep the old one is silver and the other gold.

((HUGS))) Gym moves are always hard. give it a little while and you will get used to it. i made a gym move a couple months ago in april and it has been a slow process but the new gym is starting to feel like home finally. im sure older DD will come around just give it a little time. hope you happiness at the new gym!

Gym changes ARE hard!!! You're leaving the known (even if it isn't a great place for your kids anymore) and venturing out to something unfamiliar. That's difficult for ALL of us! I am confident that w/a little bit more time, the girls will start to feel more comfortable and make new friends. Much happiness to both your DDs.

Thanks everyone. Yes, what all of you are saying is SO TRUE. It is so weird and while we do have good reason for leaving, it still feels like going through a loss in a way. Older DD is going over to see a friend from the old gym tonight. She is really homesick for the old gym I think. Homesick is the best way I can think of to describe it.
It takes so much effort, I am trying to stay at practices for them this first week and it is exhausting! The money factor too is crazy, having to do all the registration fees over and buy all the new leos and warmups. Sigh. At least the new leos are pretty! :)
I am sure I will have all kinds of new updates and stories to share and man do I hope they are mostly happy ones!
Please keep the good thoughts and happy gym switch stories coming if you have them, they are really nice to read!

I had a harder time then dd when we switched gyms! We have been at "new" gym over a year now and I love it! Hang in there it is hard breaking into the gym mom group but you will:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back