WAG New gym starting tomorrow

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Lynn

Proud Parent
Wow! What a crazy couple of weeks! Our move was very overwhelming and still is! We are all happy and trying a little everyday to get settled.

DD starts at her new gym tomorrow morning. She's pretty pumped about it. Had one of many team building/bonding events this past weekend. Met most of her new team and parents. Very welcoming and dd seemed to fit right in.

So as I've posted before, DD competed new 4 last season and has been placed level 7 for the upcoming season. She will be testing out of 5 but I've never really been told about level 6. At this point, she has her level 5 stuff ( floor, beam and bars) ready to go for testing. Will she then need to do a level 6 test? She already has her floor routine and music which her former gym started before we left and new gym really likes it and decided no changes need to be made. Her practice schedule and amount of hours remains the same and every other week is 2.5 hrs longer for extra conditioning and dance.

I am certain they HC would let me know what the game plan is. But a part of me just wants to sit back and observe. Our now old gym was pretty tight lipped about everything regardless if you asked or not. Gym owners were a little more open but they also didn't coach our kids and have the knowledge of our individual children. I should clarify tho that this was improving as the "leader" is no longer there.

I realize my question is lost here in the middle of my rambling. It appears my brain is still hazy from all that's been going on. Any info would be fabulous!

Back to unpacking and prepping for a new adventure beginning tomorrow.

I am sure someone can correct me if I am wrong, but six may be skipped altogether, and doesn't require a score out. Sounds like your dd will love the new gym, and what an amazing jump in levels she has made! Hope the craziness settles soon for you. Having moved every two years for the past decade, I feel that pain.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back