New Here

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GikiGirl

Proud Parent
Gymnast
I am a 27 year old gymnast from NH. I competed USAG level 8 from age 16 to age 20, then took a break, then came back to gymnastics at age 25. By age 26 I was back to competing level 8. When I was 27 I was battling posterior tibialis and also needed open abdominal surgery for a health problem, and that set me back. I also suffer from tendonitis in the lower legs, which might prevent me from competing again. I currently practice and work out about 15 hours a week in hopes of regaining all my skills and competing USAG next season, hopefully as a level 8, if not, a level 7.

Right now I'm doing a combination of open workouts and adult class, and home practice on my low beam/weight training/home conditioning, but when I competed I trained 18 hr/week at the gymnastics club with the high school age team.

I am also a huge gymnastics fan as far as watching college and elite gymnastics.

Code:

Welcome, GikiGirl!
Sorry to hear about your setback. It sounds like you're working your heart out to try and compete again. Keep it up! You have a lot of supporters here in this Adult Forum. It's a great place to share experiences, swap advice and be encouraged. You should fill out the Adult Gymnastics Survey in this Forum. We'd all love to read your answers. :)

I never would have known you have tendinitis, but your skills are coming along very well! Do you go somewhere else besides the two regular gyms?

No, but I have a low beam at home that I do skills and drills on 4 hrs/week, and condition, lift weights, and do cardio for like 8 hours/week on top of my gymnastics hours.

No, but I have a low beam at home that I do skills and drills on 4 hrs/week, and condition, lift weights, and do cardio for like 8 hours/week on top of my gymnastics hours.

Hi and welcome, GikiGirl! Lucky! I'd love to have a low beam at home but my (crappy) small apartment doesn't have the space. Good luck getting ready for competition.

Thanks. My plan is to go back into more club hours this spring/summer and hopefully get back into competition shape for the season next winter. I am still regaining strength and mobility in my midsection after my surgery--I was told the 1 year mark would be a good time to expect more, and that is in April.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back