New(ish) here

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello everyone,
My name is Robin, I just turned 16, and I'm a level 4 gymnast from Canada...
I would be level 5 but I can't move up because I only train for 6 hours a week (which is the longest my club offers because we train out of a high school):(. I love gymnastics so much and I don't think I could live without it!!!:D

My favorite events are beam then floor then vault.................then bars! (hehe)

Hello everyone,
My name is Robin, I just turned 16, and I'm a level 4 gymnast from Canada...
I would be level 5 but I can't move up because I only train for 6 hours a week (which is the longest my club offers because we train out of a high school):(. I love gymnastics so much and I don't think I could live without it!!!:D

My favorite events are beam then floor then vault.................then bars! (hehe)
im in level 4 too im also suposed to be in level 5 but my coaches said i have to wiat till next year

Hello Robin Welcome! I am a level 8 gymnast in the USA, so I am not familiar with Canadian levels.......... What skills do you do on each event?

floor- roundoff backhandspring backtuck, frontwalkover roundoff minikeddi (can't spell that)
beam- backwalkover, frontwalkover, backtuck dismount
bars- pullover or kip, backhip, straddle on..yada yada (I hate bars)
vault- fronthandsping with beat board
but at the moment I can do a backhandspring on the low beam (by myself, working my way up to high beam=D), a half twist on floor (learning a full twist), layout... But they're restricted in level 4 so i can't compete them

Ok, so i'm pretty sure Level 8 in the US is amazing compared to me...but, ya! =)

floor- roundoff backhandspring backtuck, frontwalkover roundoff minikeddi (can't spell that)
beam- backwalkover, frontwalkover, backtuck dismount
bars- pullover or kip, backhip, straddle on..yada yada (I hate bars)
vault- fronthandsping with beat board
but at the moment I can do a backhandspring on the low beam (by myself, working my way up to high beam=D), a half twist on floor (learning a full twist), layout... But they're restricted in level 4 so i can't compete them

Ok, so i'm pretty sure Level 8 in the US is amazing compared to me...but, ya! =)

whats a kinikeddi? Can you find a video please? Lets see on floor I do front tuck step out round off back handspring back tuck. a round off backhandspring back layout and my last past is a fronthandspring front pike
I am working on twisting I can do a half to my feet or like a 3/4 of full not landing on my feet but more on like my back haha.

Vault I do a fronthandspring full

Bars I do a cut catch and freehips and uprises and flyaways I can make giants some times but they aren't in my routine yet.

Beam backwalkover backhandsprings but now my connection is backhandspring backhandspring!

That's awesome! Sounds like your really good! A minikeddi (spelled wrong) is just a backhandspring step out...(the name is probably just a Canadian thing =D)
Did you just get your Backhandspring backhandspring on beam? That's awesome!
How old are you? (just wondering) I just turned 16, and i feel really old to still be a (level 4) gymnast.

As far as my twisting goes I can do a half twist and a 3/4 twist (or a bit farther) landing on my feet but not a full yet! In Canada you're not allowed twisting or doing backhandsprings on beam in competition until level 6...so....since I'm not moving up, it's very depressing haha...
It's also really hard to learn new skills in my club because like i said we train out of a high school AND we have no spring floors (though we just got a tumbling strip last week), and no pit! Ugh...
~Robin~

thanks! I was working on my backhandspring backhandspring for a while but I've just started doing it by myselg and everything! I'm 13. I started gymnastics when I was 5 so its been 8 years! Thats not old to be a level 4! It doesn't matter as long as you have fun and try your Best! You are definitely better then the level 4s at my gym they do round off bhs on floor handstand on beam ................

Is level 4 at your gym compulsary or optional? Like do you do the same routines as everyone else at your gym or do you do your own routine?

thanks,
I started gymnastics when i was 10ish so this is like my 6th year.
We do our own routines, so i guess that's optional lol
I'm actually the only level 4 at my gym! It's really small...everyone else is either level two or three, but i think some girls are moving up to level 4 for our last two competitions.
That's so good your already level 8 and your 13! So cool! i so wish i could be level 8! hehe
good luck with everything!

haha thanks robin! So you are like the best person in your gym? We have a bunch of other level 8s who have more experience than me so they are better then we have level 9s! MERRY CHRISTMAS!<3

I love learning about what all the different progressions are around the world!
I'm 16 too, and a level seven. Here's my skills:
Floor: roundoff-backhandspring layout, front handspring-front tuck, roundoff backhandspring stepout(onto my knees because it looks good in my routine) and then dance stuff is switchleap-tuck full, one and a half turn in passe, and a full turn with my leg above horizontal

Beam: front walkover-fronthandspring, full turn, split jump-split jump 1/4, split leap-straddle jump(I switch off between that and switch leaps depending on the day), and a backtuck dismount.

Bars: Most boring routine ever!! Kip, cast, clearhip, kip, cast , squat on, jump to highbar, kip, cast clearhip, kip, cast, layout flyaway(working on getting my half twist consistent) Also working on cast to handstand.

Vault: front handspring. I've started working 1/2 ons and 1/2 on-1/2 offs, but just on the vault trainer.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back