New Jersey ban on interstate indoor youth sports?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

CuriousCate

Proud Parent

My mom (I no longer live in NJ, but my family does) just emailed me that the NJ governor is planning to ban interstate indoor youth sports for the time being. Any Jersey folks have details on this and ideas on if/how it would affect meets? Our gym is supposed to go to Star Struck in A.C. I wondered how we would make that work given the quarantine requirement...

My mom (I no longer live in NJ, but my family does) just emailed me that the NJ governor is planning to ban interstate indoor youth sports for the time being. Any Jersey folks have details on this and ideas on if/how it would affect meets? Our gym is supposed to go to Star Struck in A.C. I wondered how we would make that work given the quarantine requirement...
I have no answers (I am also curious) but I just wanted to say that I love StarStruck! Great meet. That was the last meet Puma Jr did actually since she broke her ankle a few weeks later, and then the shut down... we will miss that meet this year!

New york, Mass, New Jersey, Connecticut have all banned any interstate competition. No competitors from outside states allowed. Kids who are part of teams outside their state can not practice with them anymore. Can’t see how any event would take place given these new rules. Now if people abide by these rules is another story.

We just got word that we won't be going to the NJ meet on our schedule due to the above restrictions. I don't see it on the meet website yet, but per our head coach, they got word from the meet director. Apparently may try and do some sort of virtual sessions for level 10 only.

You can add Delaware to the list of states with restrictions on interstate travel for youth sports. Their teams cannot leave for competition, other teams cannot travel there for competition starting Dec 1st.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back