WAG New Level 4 Floor Music

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm sure this has probably been posted somewhere at sometime in the recent past, but I can't find it, so I started a new thread (if you know where the other thread is, feel free to condense this one into it).

I have 2 DD's who are competing the new Level 4 (they were 4 last year and have stayed the same level due to the new changes implemented by USAG). They have learned the new floor routines, but have never heard the music. Their coach says she wants them to get the routines down solidly before she lets them try it with the music (which, to some degree, makes sense). However, I was wondering if there is a copy of the music (just the music, not a video of the routine) posted online somewhere so they could at least hear the music and go through the routine in their heads? I have heard that it is very different from last year's Level 5 in that there are few musical cues for the girls to follow...is this true? Both my daughters are musicians (violin, piano, and flute) and hearing the musical cues made it so much easier for them to execute the routine...

It doesn't look like anybody has posted the new music to Youtube yet. Eventually, someone will post it there, but in the meantime you can always buy the CD from USA gymnastics. Probably not what you want to do, but that may be your only option to hear the music right now if your coach isn't playing it yet. Also note that there are three versions of the level 4 music to choose from. It will be up to your coach to decide which version your girls compete to. Although they are all the same song, they each sound quite different. Good luck!

I would wait and let your coach introduce them to the music. The coach clearly has a plan (have routines solid first). It may be confusing for the girls to figure out the pacing on their own and could make things more challenging/confusing.

I bought the DVD and, personally, think it would be easier to learn the routines with the music. I don't see/hear any music cues throughout the music like I did before...seems like it will be more about timing. Music is pretty bad, in my opinion.

That's exactly my worry, eryes. My girls are both musically inclined as they have had music training from very young ages, and I understand why their coach doesn't yet want them to do the routine with the music, but it would help them tremendously if they could at least listen to the piece a few times to get a feel for the music and where the musical cues are at (they'll find them because they know how to listen to music). Their coach is worried about the pacing--the routine is very fast and very difficult and she doesn't want to stress them out too much, and I respect that. But it would be nice for them to be able to hear the piece before having to do the routine with it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back