WAG New level 6 bars questions.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Not sure about that one. DD has been working on it in practice, but have no idea if that will be included come competition time.

Giants are not mandatory.
There is a deduction for cast angle for each cast that does not reach HS. Additionally, a cast does not receive any credit as a value part unless it is close to HS.

I'd love to hear from the coaches what skills they will be putting in for the level 6 routines. We really haven't been told much.

Our coach hasn't decided much yet. Her new code of points hasn't arrived yet, and she's heading off on vacation for August. We will start looking seriously at what is going into the routines in September. For now the girls are training skills and also playing around with dance and other things, seeing where relative strengths lie. I'm really curious to know too, but will have to wait a little longer.

giants and casts to a handstand are not required. lv 6 req.for bars-(5As,1B)-1cast-min.of horizontal,1bar change,1elem. from grp 3,6,or7.dismount A
So a typical routine would be kip(a) cast to above horizontal(a) clear hip(b) jump to highbar longhang kip(a) cast to above horizontal(a) tuck or layout flyaway(a)

giants and casts to a handstand are not required. lv 6 req.for bars-(5As,1B)-1cast-min.of horizontal,1bar change,1elem. from grp 3,6,or7.dismount A
So a typical routine would be kip(a) cast to above horizontal(a) clear hip(b) jump to highbar longhang kip(a) cast to above horizontal(a) tuck or layout flyaway(a)

It think we will see this routine a lot, but there is no "A" credit for a cast. A cast must be within 20* of vertical to get value part credit, and then it is a "B" skill, so the routine you outlined would start from a 9.8. Those casts would have to be vertical to have a 10.0 start value.

It think we will see this routine a lot, but there is no "A" credit for a cast. A cast must be within 20* of vertical to get value part credit, and then it is a "B" skill, so the routine you outlined would start from a 9.8. Those casts would have to be vertical to have a 10.0 start value.

so what As would you suggest? A sole circle?

That's what I was wondering. Why put in a cast above horizontal as a special requirement when the cast had to be within 20 degrees of vertical to receive credit as a value part? I don't get it?

That's what I was wondering. Why put in a cast above horizontal as a special requirement when the cast had to be within 20 degrees of vertical to receive credit as a value part? I don't get it?

She receives credit for the Special requirement, it just wouldn't count as an A/B. If she didn't cast above horizontal, she would get start at a 9.5, since SRs are with .5. If she casts to horizontal and then only has 4 As and 1B, she will get deducted for not having enough As. It is not as much, though she would also get deducted for not hitting hs in a cast, so it probably end up being the same in deductions. So, if you can't get within 20* (?, maybe its 10, but i think its 20) of vertical, you would need another A, or another B to substitute for the A. Dd competed platinum 2 yrs ago, which had similar requirements. She did - Kip (a), cast 3/4, freehip horizontal (b), Kip (a), cast/squat on (a), jump to hb, kip (a), push away layout fly away (a). She had trouble making horizontal at the beginning of the season but by the end, she had her cast close to hs and her freehip hs. Though, in platinum, it didn't matter because they did not have the angle requirements for casts to hs, just needed 3/4, I believe.

Would this work for level 6, Kip, Squat-On, jump to high bar, kip, cast long hang pull over, under swing, uprise into back hip circle under swing, flyaway.

Ideally I'd like the uprise to go into a free-hip, but would a back hip circle also work with the requirements?

I don't have a cast handstand so what would the deductions be for that in this routine?

Would this work for level 6, Kip, Squat-On, jump to high bar, kip, cast long hang pull over, under swing, uprise into back hip circle under swing, flyaway.

Ideally I'd like the uprise to go into a free-hip, but would a back hip circle also work with the requirements?

I don't have a cast handstand so what would the deductions be for that in this routine?

Deduction for the cast will depend on the angle you achieve. It you don't get to horizontal, you will get.5 for not making the special requirement and also points of for not making hs, but I am nit sure how much. Your coaches have all this info though.

In new Level 6, you have to have 5 As and 1 B.
Restrictions: No flight elements from bar to bar
Maximum of 1 C (of these): Clear Hip to handstand, Stalder to handstand, or Back pike circle to handstand.
You have to have the following special requirements:
1 Cast to horizontal or above
1 bar change
1 element from Group 3, 6, or 7
Dismount, minimum of an A

I know a girl who plans to compete Kip, clear hip, cast, squat on, high bar kip, clear hip to underswing, flyaway

I think I saw a back hip circle as an A in the latest JO Code, but not positive. I know the Uprise is a B, so it should work... as long as the BHC is in group 3,6, or 7. Trying to picture the book in my head, but it's hard.

I think I saw a back hip circle as an A in the latest JO Code, but not positive. I know the Uprise is a B, so it should work... as long as the BHC is in group 3,6, or 7. Trying to picture the book in my head, but it's hard.

Back hip circle is an A and is in group 7.

So in reality it would be okay to do: Kip, Squat-On, jump to high bar, Kip, cast-away, uprise, back hip circle, under swing, flyaway.
Wouldn't that be 5 As and 1 B? Or can a kip only count one time?
Basically I'm trying to avoid having to do a free hip to kip on the low bar.

Also my coach mentioned having to have a circling skill on the low bar? Is this true?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back