Parents New Member + Area Connections

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

BunnyMom

Coach
Proud Parent
Gymnast
We are located in Nova Scotia, Canada.
My 8yo daughter is in gymnastics and loves it, but she refuses to do any "training" at home like stretching or strength training. Any suggestions or reasoning that she might adhere to?

Also, anyone else on here from our neck of the woods? :D

Personally, I don't think it's bad that she doesn't want to practice at home. Generally, gym schedules are set so that the gymnast gets all they need during their practices in order to gain that level's skills. Unless the coach has specifically provided extra "home"work, I would not worry about it. And if the coach has provided extra work, then I would recommend addressing it like how you would address school homework that she is refusing to do.

Eh, training at home is optional. Pushing a kid to do it when they don't want to generally does more harm than good.

My 8yo daughter is in gymnastics and loves it, but she refuses to do any "training" at home like stretching or strength training. Any suggestions or reasoning that she might adhere to?

Yah... I wouldn't worry unless the coach actually gave a strength or flex assignment.

Hi! We are not from Canada, but our side of some stretching, my daughter has never done home training. Her coaches advise it’s best to leave at the gym.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back