MAG New Norcal College Club Team

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

karenity

Proud Parent
https://norcalunitedgymnastics.com

Nice to see this growing. If you have time read about the coach on this site he started gymnastics as a freshman at level 5 and was at level 10 by a senior. He went on to do Club gymnastics at Arizona State. Nice to hear success stories of boys that started late.

Also for kids who may not have the grades to go straight to an NCAA school, going to a junior college and competing with a club program would be an option.

I have not figured out at what location in Norcal this will be.

It is pretty exciting to see something more coming about for boys. Just to have the options to continue to do gymnastics in college and compete against others, is huge. Hopefully more support will come for programs, to continue this trend.

I think it is great that they are developing this. I know there is something similar in So Cal. This seems to be a creative solution to the lack of men's college teams.

Those of us in Northern California are fortunate to have both a club and two NCAA in the area.

Also I just saw that there's now a New York Alliance Club. Nice to see the club programs open.

But seem to be some gaps in some regions of the country where there are a lot of jo boys. Hope this trend continues.

This is fantastic. By the time my kid is college-ready, I hope this means there are a lot more options. (Although his current
college goal already has a program. Yes, my 8yo already has a college he wants to go to -- heavily influenced by mom's alma
mater. :p)

I don't remember if it was here or somewhere else, but I was recently reading about how important it is to keep guys involved
in the sport through college because those guys are likely to become the future coaches we need. Not everyone will go to the
Olympics, but you could still make a career out of it. I always think how awesome it must be to be a coach and so involved
in something you're so passionate about....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back