New parent to the Chalk Bucket!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi Gymmonkeymomma, We go "down the shore" every summer! Don't won't to post too much personal info though, hope you understand:) Having 2 gymnasts must keep you running! I don't know much about USAIGC. Do you/dd prefer USAIC or USAG or are they pretty much the same? Any meets coming up? Best of luck to both of your dd's...keep me posted:)

To respond to the USAIGC question, That runs basically from the winter (or early spring) thru nationals in June.

My dd being a Level 8 (this year and last) competes them both at the same time, since the seasons are pretty much the same. Last year she did level 7 (in the fall), then level 8 and USAIGC Gold level thru June....so last year was indeed all year long. This year will only be 1/2 the year. But, USAIGC typically scores higher, and its not as rigid as USAG, so its nice for the girls. Its a good ego boost, and builds some self-confidence. Some gyms compete just USAG, some gyms compete just USAIGC, and some both. Our gym does both (I'm in NJ). I don't know if all of the US does USAIGC or not. It seems like on this forum some people never heard of it, or perhaps its just that your gym chooses not to participate in it. Either way, its fine.

Hopefully that explained it a bit.

And, thanks for the kind words about my dd being 12 and a level 8. Its a tough level, and not one I think she is going to move out of that quickly.
Dear gmom46, Thanks for explaining all of that:) Very well done...makes me wish our gym did both too! The ego boost would be a welcome addition. Our girls just compete just USAG. Best of luck to your dd at the meets:)

Last edited:
Hi Gymmonkeymomma, We go "down the shore" every summer! Don't won't to post too much personal info though, hope you understand:) Having 2 gymnasts must keep you running! I don't know much about USAIGC. Do you/dd prefer USAIC or USAG or are they pretty much the same? Any meets coming up? Best of luck to both of your dd's...keep me posted:)

Completely understand about the personal info :D
I don't really have a preference USAG vs. USAIGC and I've never asked the girls. I know they like having optional routines in USAIGC esp. when older DD was still in USAG compulsories. As gmom46 mentioned, USAIGC is not as rigorous. Little DD took 2 event firsts and 1st AA this past Sun. The age group for her is also better b/c it is 6-7. She is a small (but mighty, lol) 7 yr old. In USAG the group is 7-8 and she is up against some girls who are 8 turning 9. Older DD finished her L7 season in Jan, so is only competing USAIGC now. Younger one is doing both L5 and USAGIC at the same time. L5 states is middle of May, USAIGC States is the weekend after.

Completely understand about the personal info :D
I don't really have a preference USAG vs. USAIGC and I've never asked the girls. I know they like having optional routines in USAIGC esp. when older DD was still in USAG compulsories. As gmom46 mentioned, USAIGC is not as rigorous. Little DD took 2 event firsts and 1st AA this past Sun. The age group for her is also better b/c it is 6-7. She is a small (but mighty, lol) 7 yr old. In USAG the group is 7-8 and she is up against some girls who are 8 turning 9. Older DD finished her L7 season in Jan, so is only competing USAIGC now. Younger one is doing both L5 and USAGIC at the same time. L5 states is middle of May, USAIGC States is the weekend after.
Whew....you ARE one busy gymmonkeymomma!!!;) Now I really do wish our gym did USAIGC!! My dd can't wait to get her "own routine"...she wants her music to be "Funky Town"!!! LOL Congrats on your dd's wins! She must be 'beaming' ear to ear!!! Sorry!?! I love puns.

Hi gymmomntc2e6, How does your dd like competing? I'm always just so impressed with the girls for just going out there, in front of all of those people & doing their thing. Let alone doing well & enjoying it!!! I was always a shy child. Never would of thought of doing any of the stuff my dd has:) Guess that's why I'm such a cheer leader for the whole team:) They just amaze me with their bravery at such young ages. There are some strong little girls out there & I don't just mean physically! Did you actually compete as a child also??? Best wishes to you & your dd. Good luck at the meets & level 4 training!

Hi gymjourneymom - sorry it has taken so long - dd has a meet tomorrow so gym every day this week (except today). My dd still gets pretty nervous competing. She does not do as well in the meets as she does at the gym, but I am so proud of her. I did not compete when I was a kid - too chicken I guess. I prefer to blend in, not be the center of attention. She does seem to have fun w/ her coach and teammates at the meet, but still gets nervous - can see her shaking on beam. How about your dd? I hope you find this site as helpful as I have.

Hi there!I hear ya....I've been helping out at the gym all week too. Only have a minute to post(...off to help out at the meet). Just wanted to wish your dd the best of luck at the meet! Please let me know how it goes. My dd also competes tomorrow. I don't think my dd is too nervous about this one, but the big meets(sectionals & states) really put her thru the ringer. I'm probably more nervous then her! I'm always a mess when she competes. No one can watch the video I shot b/c my hand is always shaking & the video bounces around(LOL!!!). Also...during the awards ceremonies...I'm a blubbering baby!!! I'm just sooooooo proud of her for even going out there & competing ....when she wins it's just the cherry on top of the ice cream sundae!!! It's all about her having fun for me...it's her childhood & I want her to look back with fond memories. So if this is all fun for her...I'm happy! Good luck at the meet...keep me posted!:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back