Coaches New Progression Video

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Saw it on Rick's blog, loved it. I especially like some of the hurdle drills; I'll be trying some of those this month.

What's the purpose of the exaggerated 1-arm (around 1:25)? Same question for the roundoff to knees (2:25)?

Saw it on Rick's blog, loved it. I especially like some of the hurdle drills; I'll be trying some of those this month.

What's the purpose of the exaggerated 1-arm (around 1:25)? Same question for the roundoff to knees (2:25)?

Well Geoffrey Taucer, i do know that the roundoff to knees is so the kids will teach the kids to get their hips under more efficiently and the exaggerated arm just might be to make sure that the kids will put their hands down in the correct position. Its just something to try if a gymnast is having trouble understanding im sure.

Answered about knees. The one-arm drop I've found helps prevent kids from sweeping sideways. When kids are told to keep their arms by their ears but can't quite get down to the floor in a deep enough lunge, they swing sideways and do around-the-side round-offs instead of over the top round offs. So this drill helps them by making sure they aim their first hand right at the line on the floor, and then prevents them from swinging to the side and forces them to reach forward.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back