New team leo...HELP

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymfan4ever95

Coach
Gymnast
okay, so our new team leo's just came in last practice. I love them! They are amazingly pretty. The only thing i don't like is the fit of them. I think mine might be a little too small in the butt area. I wear GK underwear under my leo, and when i lift my arms up, you can see the underwear! It goes up so high that you can see my tan lines! And after just a few steps and high kicks, it rides up really bad! My first meet is August 29th, and so i have been trying really hard to get rid of my tan lines before then! (it isn't working). Does anyone have any suggestions on what i should do??

okay well first of, the riding up use tuf skin or hairspray and spray it on your butt. it helps the leo not ride. and the tan lines, you can try getting a spray tan or tanning lotion and put it over the whiter part to try and match the tan. good luck!

Sounds like the sizing is too small. The "torso" measurement (from shoulder through crotch and up to the shoulder again) is the most important one when you're being sized for a leo. Did the gym size you, or did you choose your own size? If the gym did it, then maybe there's some recourse to getting a new, larger one shipped ASAP. Good luck!

If you can't get a bigger leotard, I would recommend to hang up your leotard and then put a can in the crotch and let it stretch out. I don't know if that would stretch it out too much.

The gym sized me...i will ask if it is too small. I won't have time to exchange it i don't think because my first compition is August 29th!

All the suggestions are good. I say the spray tan in a can or the tan lotion that will give you a "sudden tan" will solve the tan issues. As for the riding up issue well I think you need to talk to your gym office again and let them know and see if they can't get a new one sent out express to replace the one you have you will have to wear that one for the meet coming up I'm sure. Try You can also talk to the other families to see if someone has a leo that might be too big and would be willing to change with you.

For the weggie - You can get something from Ten-0 called "sticky buns" The "kit" is $20 but you can purchase just the sticky stuff for $10. it holds the leo ini place without staining the leo. the cheap super hold Hairspray will work too but it can stain some leos.

Here is a link to the "sticky buns" at 10-0 Im sure you can get a similar product at any dance leo place in your town.
sb42 sticky buns kit

yea, i will try that tanning stuff. And i am the tallest girl on my team and the oldest (i am 14 and the next oldest girl is only 11!). But i already have tuff skin so i will just try that and try REALLLLY hard not to pick my wedgie during my routine...i have done that twice before! Is it a deduction?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back