New to all this....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi I am new to this forum and this sport, my son Brandon is 7 and has only been in gymnastics for about a month and a half. We got a call from his coach telling us that he had made level 2. What exactly does it take to make it to each level? I have tried to do a little research about the levels but I can't get a real cut and dry explanation! Also are there any at homestrength and flexibility exercise that he can do on the days that he is at home that are actually safe for him to do? I just havent been able to have a lot of one on one time to talk to his coach as of yet because as soon as Brandon's class is over another one is beginning! Thanks for your help!!!

Hi Miranda
I think that you will have to speak to the coach and ask him/her about the level system they are using. There are several official levelled systems used in the USA which detail skill progressions and may or may not involve meets at a higher level. However, many gyms use a self-designed system of levels in rec. classes. It is impossible to tell which of the possibilities are the case for your son. It sounds like he is doing great though! :)

Put a call in to the coach, and I am sure that all will be revealed. They will also be able to answer the home-conditioning question too.

Best wishes and welcome!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back