New to Chalkbucket...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello Chalkbucketeers :) My name is I am 28 years old and have been participating in an adult gymnastics class on Friday evenings for the past couple weeks. I have been trying to find out how to compete in AAU ladies competitions, since we don't have an AAU program in Virginia. I found out that I am able to compete in the NC AAU gymnastics meets, and am looking forward to participating in my first one April 18th in Charlotte.

I think for this first meet, I am going to compete in the modified optional division, since I am trying to get some skills back since I quit gymnastics a little over 15 years ago as a level 9 gymnast.

Can anyone out there help me with requirements that need to be in routines? I don't know what skills are A's and B's.

I would appreciate any help.

Are any of you planning on attending?

This website is great and I look forward to getting to know you all.

Happy Flipping!

:beam:

Welcome Gr8flipR!
This is a great web site for sure. Lots of friendly adult gymnasts here. I'm sure you'll feel right at home.
I'm sorry I can't help you as far as requirements for AAU competitions go. I'm only familiar with USAG and the JO Code Of Points. I hope someone can give you the information you're looking for.

welcome gr8flipr,
i competed the 2008 aau junior olympics as a modified optional. you can also compete as a level 8 if you want. note that anything easier than what i listed is considered an A. i'll do my best to remember the B's for modified optional.

vault: hand 1/1 is the hardest you can do
bars: gaints B, clear hip horizontal B, clear hip hand C, but this is one of the four exceptions. (a C will disqualify you, but clear hip hand, double turn on one foot, and some front tumbling thing are exceptions). not sure what a cast hand is, i think an A, not sure if a layout flyaway is a B, i think that i just read today that a flyaway full is a B in usag.
beam: switch leap 180° B, back handspring B, round-off on beam B, 1 1/2 turn B (i think this is where the double turn is also the exception).
floor: 1 1/2 turn on one foot (double turn) B, i think that switch leap 180°, jumps with 1/2 turns (wolf, straddle, split), and a front tuck B, ro bhs full B, back extension double pirouette B.
you only have to have two tumbling passes and there is no time requirement for beam or floor.
don't worry if you don't have enough A's or if you are missing a B, it is just a small deduction (i think .2) but if you were a L9, i'm sure that you can still do a lot of awesome skills.
good luck and let me know if you need more help.

Cast to handstand with legs straddled or together is a B
Layout Flyaway is an A
Front Tuck on floor is an A (but piked or stretched is a B)

I wish you well in your meet. Let us all know how it goes, ok? :)

Hi! I have a few others that are not listed here. This is USAG rules.

Bars: Straddle back not to handstand B, shootover not to handstand B, layout half or full flyaway B

Beam: front walkover or handspring B, back salto 1/2 or full twist B, tuck jump 1/2 B, pike jump B, straddle jump B I think, press handstand mount B

Floor: layout 1/2 B, front salto w/ 1/2 twist B, front bounder used to be a B, not sure on that one, cat leap full B, tuck jump full B

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back