new to chalkbucket

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

buttercup

Proud Parent
Hi! I am new to chalkbucket- I found the site by accident while "googling" a skill to try to figure out what my child was talking about now!

Ive been reading posts for awhile now- and am really enjoying all the different perspectives- so thought it was about time I signed up and introduced myself.

We live in Ontario Canada and I have 3 kids who have all found their passions in non-typical sports. My oldest is my only girl and she will be leaving for University in about a month. My youngest is a 14 year old boy- just starting high school in the fall. My middle child is my gymnast. He is almost 16 and heading into grade 11 in the fall.
He has been competing for the past 6 years. He trains 20 hours a week and coaches rec gymnastics on his days off. The gym is pretty much his second home. We aren't sure what level he's going to compete this year - he had a really rough season last year (due to multiple injuries and illnesses) and he has some ground to make up to be where he wants to be this year. It will be at least 5 - but he would like more.
Thats pretty much the basics of us! I'm glad to have found this place- and am looking forward to learning more and hopefully being able to contribute at some point too!

Welcome fellow Canuck! Nice to "meet" you, lol. I have a girl gymnast, short form here dd. DS will be for your gymnast! Anyway welcome. We will have lots of different issues but there are lots of parents of boys here too.

Hi! It is great to see more boy parents around here :) My 13 yo ds is my gymnast. He has been competing for 7 years and will be a level 9 this year ;)

Looking forward to getting to you know!

Nice to meet you both! I still don't understand the US level system - and how our 5 would fit in. It's always nice to hear about what other boys are up to - there's not many of them in our area- and even fewer older ones!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back