Coaches New to coaching

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

KatlynM

Coach
Hello everyone. I am currently preparing for a new coaching job and wanted to know if anyone had any advice coming into coaching as a fresh face. I have coached other sports before and I was a gymnast for several years, but this will be my first time actually coaching gymnastics. I’ve asked the gym I’m working at about the USAG certification classes, but I haven’t got a straight answer about it. Is every coach within a USAG official gym supposed to be certified or is it up to the gym itself on who becomes certified? Thanks

We get all of our coaches a USAG Instructor membership... safety cert... safe sport cert... and background check at the minimum.

Educate yourself as much as possible... network with other coaches... watch other clubs train whenever you get a chance. Don't wait for people to invite you to learn... ask for help... be pushy about it.

Thanks. I’ve been all over the internet the past few days looking for as much information as possible. I was planning on getting a certification whether it was required or not if possible because I would be more comfortable with myself in doing that. Are there any other sites that anyone knows of that have good information on coaching or gymnastics in general.

Get a membership there... great stuff. Also follow his Instagram.

Here's some more... there is a ton of information on the internet... don't look for it all at once... pace yourself...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back