New to Gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi,

My name is Kim. I'm new to the forum and gymnastics as well. I posted over in the Intro forum but wanted to say hi to everyone in the adult forum since I plan to be pretty active here. Since I'm totally new to gymnastics I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions. Hope you'll be patient with me as I learn from the bottom up!

:)

Hello, Kim!
Welcome! We will help you as much as we can along with encouraging you. You'll really love this forum. Everyone is friendly and ready to give advice and support.

Hello Kim!
So you just started gymnastics? What type of classes or training are you doing? What got you into gymnastics? Just curious! Hope you enjoy posting on the forums, like others have said, everyone is really nice and helpful!
~Danielle

Thanks for the warm welcome Catya, LittleLady and Dannolynn! This seems like a pretty friendly community. I have always had an interest in gymnastics and love watching the gymnastics competitions on t.v. However, when I was young my mother couldn't afford gymnastics lessons for me. As I got older I sort of forgot about the sport and never pursued classes. Now that my niece is enrolled in a class, I've been encouraged to seek out adult classes in my area. It seems that there a few places in the Bay Area that offer adult classes. I've always wanted to learn how to tumble, swing from the uneven bars and walk the balance beam. It just seems like so much fun.

I'm going to my first trial class this evening. If all goes well and I like it then I'll sign up for weekly lessons. It's once a week for two hours, with open gym on Fridays.

I asked about the requirements when I signed up for the trial class. I don't want to look like a fool out there but the registration lady said there all all levels in the adult class, from beginner on up. I don't know what to expect tonight, but I guess I'll see. They start the kids out on the wedges and other mats but I dont know if they do that for adults.

I imagine that I'll spend a lot of time on conditioning since I'm a beginner, beginner. I hope the coach is really interested in teaching as opposed to just letting me run around and figure things out on my own.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back