Parents New to the gym"Bragging" bit

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

L

lilgymmie7

I rarely gym brag, but today I saw such a transformation of my little DD and her gymnastics. A HUGE KUDOOS goes to her new gym and all of her AWESOME coaches! They have worked so hard with her and proof was in her gymnastics today.
The first event was bars, and had she performed the routines she did during warm up she would have scored close to a 9. She had her classic fall and still was able to score an 8.45. That was so much higher than any of her other bar scores! Next was beam, and she totally forgot what happened on bars. She scored her first 9, a 9.05! The next event was floor. She rarely has mishaps on floor, but she did have various form breaks and used to run too far in each pass. She cleaned up some of her text mistakes and did learn to manage to cut her run for each of her three passes. However, she 'performed' a new skill out of her back extension. JK She fell on it. Her score was an 8.325, oops! But again, she forgot that mishap and moved on to her last event, vault. I guess she wanted to better that 9.050 because she managed to get a 9.35! WOWSA!! How does that little bitty manage to have so much spunk? Beats me!! Her all around score was a 35.175. Her new gym is awesome! Have I said that before? They are!! Thanks for bearing with me!!;););)[video=youtube;EIssZD1PA9E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIssZD1PA9E[/video]

Way to go Callie!! She did fantastic. She has a huge vault for being such an itty bitty! And I especially loved her back extension roll kickover move that she did on floor. ;)

Congrats to your dd for a great meet!

Just curious, did you change gyms for better coaching/better scores? We're thinking about it so asking about your experience. Thanks!

Wow, what a great meet! I thought her beam was lovely, I'm surprised she didn't score even higher! And WOW to get be getting those kind of vault scores as such a tiny level 5 is very rare! Congrats to her!

She deserved every bit of that 9.35. She was FLYING!!! She has such "bounce" to that tumbling too...she's gonna be something when she is flipping a whole bunch of crazy skills one after the other! Would love to borrow a little of that bounce for older DD's state meet in 2 weeks! ;) Congrats to her, she had a great day. Love how she did not let those falls get to her!

Congrats to your dd for a great meet!

Just curious, did you change gyms for better coaching/better scores? We're thinking about it so asking about your experience. Thanks!
Well, I actually first 'thought' of switching her because I noted that DD needed more 'direct' coaching. I also really wanted to find a gym that believed in forging a relationship with their gymnasts. DD is the 'lovy-dovy' type and she responds well to the hugging, high fiving, and 'way to go' she gets from all of her new coaches. The scores, I believe, are just a perk from all of this awesome coaching.
She was at her old gym since she was 3.5 yo. I never thought I would ever move her, but well we did. She is loving every minute of the time she spends with her coaches and teammates. Her new nick name from HC is 'Shrimpy'- too cute! I always new there was a place like this for DD!!;););)

Way to go Callie!! She did fantastic. She has a huge vault for being such an itty bitty! And I especially loved her back extension roll kickover move that she did on floor. ;)
You caught that huh! She always says, " Momma, look at my 'new' skill!" I guess I should tell her - "Not at a meet dear." JK! She tried to save it, but oh well!

Wow that was a great meet! Her vault is really something...she does fly and she is so fast. ;) So happy to hear that she and you are loving her new gym.

She had a nice solid meet. I loved that she thought on her feet (or is it hands) with the kickover out of the BER. She is FAST running down that run way. Can I borrow her to chase my DD? Beautiful vault!

What a great meet. She did a fantastic job. Loved her handstand hold on the beam. Beautiful..and she is very graceful in her dance moves. And so powerful in her vaults. And I liked her "added element" to her floor. Very creative..lol

Thank you everyone! At home after the meet, she admitted to having soooo much fun at the meet! It was so evident in all of her smiles! She competed in the same session as her old gym.
After the meet, her old teammates 'swarmed' her to hug her and she did break down a bit. She misses them and seeing them at the meet made it real for her that she was no longer with them. I asked her on the way home if she regretted moving to the new gym and she said, "No Way!"
Parting IS such sweet sorrow!

One of her old teammates is coming over for a play-date after school.:)

Good job Callie!! I chuckled watching her "add" a new element to the floor routine. She handled it well! Good job all around and it's great that she's still friendly with her old gymmates. Congrats!

She has handled the change really well and had a great meet. Great that she can see one of her old friends too. Sounds like everything is on a roll. Good luck for states!

she did beautiful, as always...her beam handstands are gorgeous! So happy for her that she is comfortable and enjoying her new coaches and teammates. That's a big sigh of relief, isn't it, mom?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back