Parents New trend in gym ownership? (The Business Side Of Gymnastics / Powers Gymnastics)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The elite coaches and some of those training hopes/elite from FIF moved to Bull City. That’s HOW Bull city recently started doing elite training. Because the coaches and gymnasts moved there (plus new ones from Bull City of course) But like you said, they aren’t exactly close.
Interesting to hear that the coaches were able to move. Our coaches were given a Non Compete agreement to sign. We are in fear that they won’t be able to coach anywhere else.

Interesting to hear that the coaches were able to move. Our coaches were given a Non Compete agreement to sign. We are in fear that they won’t be able to coach anywhere else.
I am definitely not in the know about what went down between those gyms, but I think this arrangement was different than what you are talking about. Powers bought both gyms and I think (again just speculating here) that it was almost more like they were transferred there. Someone can correct me if I am wrong though?

Similar situation here in Central Texas. Bought two different gyms, shut down the competitive programs with 5 days notice at one. Transferred one of those coaches to our gym but she has since quit. They closed the other gym after a few months.

Here is a new thread...

As far as Powers...sounds like The Little Gym on steroids, which for sure could be attractive at some point to a company like Life Time. It sucks that these acquisitions are killing off teams but we already know that team is not a revenue driver. Kind of but not really really related...there's a gym owner in the Twin Cities that now owns 5 local gyms and a couple out of state. Many of these acquisitions have been in the last couple of years. He also has a side consulting company for gym owners offering services related to mergers & acquisitions. Combining all his gyms, they had about 10-12% of all competitors at both state meets (a little less for the compulsory meet and a little more for the optional meet; Xcel levels are split between the two state meets). It will be interesting to see if consolidation is a trend. I can see where that would be very problematic for USAG!
What is the gym in the Twin Cities that you're talking about? Doing some research in the industry and am curious to see where else this trend is happening.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back