WAG New Uneven Bar Grips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

tdoesgymnastics

Coach
Proud Parent
Gymnast
This summer DD will be training USAG level 7 and needs new grips. Currently, she's using Ginnasta USA velcros for level 6. Everybody at her gym uses English Bulldog double buckle. Sho
uld I get the same ones she has, bulldog, or try something else? Any grip suggestions/preferences? TIA

If she likes what she has, get the same ones. If she wants to try something different, you need to find out what she wants to be different and go from there.

Our coaches do not like Velcro closures, they can have any grip they want as long as it buckles

Ginnasta makes buckle grips, so she could keep the same brand/style but get the buckle version to fit in better with what her teammates have or if the coaches require buckle rather than velcro.

right now dd has velcro ones. you can see in my profile pic that she has grip bands on around them so the velcro doesn't come off (see story below on why we got them at our gym). i want to go with double buckle ones starting in the summer. there is a brand that is butter soft and no break in time and less expensive than the ones she has one now, sold at the gym. i forget the name but a few girls have them at our gym already.

horror story coming up.... last year at states, one of our 7's was doing giants during her routine and the velcro came undone and at the top of the giant she picked up the other hand to try to fasten it back down. she was exactly in the position my daughter is in my profile pic and she fell, head first. our HC, who has never dropped a gymnast yet, was able to jump in and scoop her up like a baby and cradle her back and neck and she was ok, except for being scared. if he didn't have cat like reflexes and catch her properly (is there a coaches class for that?) she would have broken something serious - like her neck. i saw the video - had nightmares for weeks.

so, if you have velcro ones and you don't want to switch them out yet, get grip bands. we have teal ones that match our gym's colors.

right now dd has velcro ones. you can see in my profile pic that she has grip bands on around them so the velcro doesn't come off (see story below on why we got them at our gym). i want to go with double buckle ones starting in the summer. there is a brand that is butter soft and no break in time and less expensive than the ones she has one now, sold at the gym. i forget the name but a few girls have them at our gym already.

horror story coming up.... last year at states, one of our 7's was doing giants during her routine and the velcro came undone and at the top of the giant she picked up the other hand to try to fasten it back down. she was exactly in the position my daughter is in my profile pic and she fell, head first. our HC, who has never dropped a gymnast yet, was able to jump in and scoop her up like a baby and cradle her back and neck and she was ok, except for being scared. if he didn't have cat like reflexes and catch her properly (is there a coaches class for that?) she would have broken something serious - like her neck. i saw the video - had nightmares for weeks.

so, if you have velcro ones and you don't want to switch them out yet, get grip bands. we have teal ones that match our gym's colors.
I might look into grip bands. Hers sometimes come undone just doing kips.

I don't know where you are located but there is a guy/coach in Maryland that makes grips. He does ship because he was doing a big order shipping them to another country last time we were there. My daughter won't use another brand since finding him. We have referred many other teammates to him as well.

I don't know where you are located but there is a guy/coach in Maryland that makes grips. He does ship because he was doing a big order shipping them to another country last time we were there. My daughter won't use another brand since finding him. We have referred many other teammates to him as well.
Can you provide his name or company? Thanks

This summer DD will be training USAG level 7 and needs new grips. Currently, she's using Ginnasta USA velcros for level 6. Everybody at her gym uses English Bulldog double buckle. Sho
uld I get the same ones she has, bulldog, or try something else? Any grip suggestions/preferences? TIA
My DD has used Ginnasta double buckle grips for years. She loves them and they last forever.

Reactions: kmc
My daughter uses Ginnasta double buckle. She used the narrow for years and recently switched to the regular width. She loves them. Awesome customer service, too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back