WAG New USAG routines

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have a coaching friend that told me their compulsory book arrived to them today, so even if you didn’t go to the first training you should be getting your book shortly.

The new music is bad in my opinion. It isn't fast enough, and I liked the bright sound of the other music better than this. Also, I liked the clear beat changes in the other songs that indicated tumbling.

With that said, it is very interesting to say the least.

Which is interesting, because the level 5 choreography is the fasted of all the compulsory routines I've learned.

This upcoming year will be my daughter's first year competing and she will be level 4...I called her over to hear the music and her face was priceless! She said, "Well, I'll do what I have to do" lol! However, she did like the level 5 music better.
My daughter heard it from the other room and said, “ What is that?!” With a look of horror. :p

I wonder how much the style of compulsory music influences which types of gymnasts tend to do best, even though they have the same routines. The jazzy vibes of these don’t seem like they will favor the elegant dancer types quite as much as the previous cycle did.

I have wondered this.

In Australia each of the levels with compulsory routines has two options, and the music and choreography for each are quite different. So one might be sassy and cute and the other dramatic and flowing. The idea was, I think, that girls performed the routine that best suited their style. But in reality I think each gym just chooses the music that makes their ears bleed least and that is what everyone there does. Some routines are definitely more popular than others, and level four only has a bad option and a worse option.

Does anyone know when the updated USAG app will be released?
There’s no info on the website on whether there will be one or not. There doesn’t have to be. I called today and asked about it, and the person on the phone said there wasn’t an app but there was something about videos and music (it was a little hard to hear). So we wait.

Does anyone know when the updated USAG app will be released?
The electronic book is being released on Monday the 14th. I am assuming they are moving away from the specific app and this will just be another book you can purchase on Apple Books such as the Xcel and Optionals books.

Oh, my. Where on earth did they get these—were they “demo” songs programmed into Casio keyboards from the 1980s? Were they composed by a 12-year-old fan of the musical Chicago who can neither count nor read music? Were they an experimental AI algorithm’s attempt at creating “jazz”? Did a cat walk across someone’s computer keyboard while Finale was open?

I have seen teams of little tiny Xcel kids doing the same routine over and over again to much better “jazzy“ songs than these and it is just painful to watch. I can’t believe I am saying this, but give me the creepy clown music any day.

I am so glad that my kid is out of compulsories.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back