Parents New Video

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I forgot to put vault into the video and din't even notice until after I had posted it to youtube. But with all the cut and paste I said forget it lol. She does have vault footage on her first practice video. I had tons of tumbling but iIonly put the less blurry images on. I had a great tumbling pass but once I looked at it it looked like a big blurr going across the floor lol so I took it out. She did a round off 2 whip backs a back into a punch front. I wish it would have come out right. One of the passes on the video she is doing a tuck full back you can't even tell - I know I need a video camera lol. I'm more of a still picture mom though. As far as bars go I had left gym and came back thinking I would only miss the rest of the stretching but ended up missing stretching and most of bars.

Nequia

I know I need a video camera lol. I'm more of a still picture mom though.
I was going to suggest that but didn't want to come out wrong because you did do a good job.

Yeah, if you are interested in doing more vids, it's definitely worth investigating in a camcorder or a still camera that can capture stable and crisp clips (I prefer the former). You don't need a top end unit, however. If you shop around a bit, a decent one for not much money can be found.

I had a really nice sony camcorder that got dropped out of the back of the truck at her state meet. So I've been dragging my feet on buying a new one. You are right thoug lol - I need one. I have a cannon rebel just don't know how to get great action photos with it yet. I know how to take pretty stand still pics lol.

I had a really nice sony camcorder that got dropped out of the back of the truck at her state meet. So I've been dragging my feet on buying a new one. You are right thoug lol - I need one. I have a cannon rebel just don't know how to get great action photos with it yet. I know how to take pretty stand still pics lol.
Sorry to hear about your vid camera. Ouch!!!

As for stills in a gym where lighting is usually poor and no flash is allowed, one thing I have learned (from these forums and other sources) is to bump up your ISO as high as you can. Then either use Aperture Priority (set to a lower F value) or Program to zoom in for your shots. It will be somewhat grainy but the shots can be surprising good. It is the best you can do under those conditions with your Rebel (and my setup) without dishing out $3K+ for a body/glass combo.

FWIW from a novice-ish hobbyist.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back