New

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JamiaJones

Proud Parent
My son is 5 he turns 6 next month he has been doing Gymnastics about 6 months ( I know not long). However I feel with anything you do you should do it to excel. He loves Gymnastics! He is in 2 classes both being an hour long. How Long will he be at level one? What should he be working on? How do I help him excel ( taking more classes isn't a problem nor is private lessons) I want to help him reach his goals of being invited to the 5-6 year old Pre team.

My son is 5 he turns 6 next month he has been doing Gymnastics about 6 months ( I know not long). However I feel with anything you do you should do it to excel. He loves Gymnastics! He is in 2 classes both being an hour long. How Long will he be at level one? What should he be working on? How do I help him excel ( taking more classes isn't a problem nor is private lessons) I want to help him reach his goals of being invited to the 5-6 year old Pre team.
I think that 2 classes is perfect, especially with his age. Gymnastics is a long haul! At 5, my son was doing about that much. we didn't have L1-3 when he was little, but I can say each kid progresses at their own rate. Right now, the classes are perfect! you can also talk to coaches to see what they are saying.

@skschlag , knows everything about mens/ boys gymnastics. I‘ll add, at this age keep him busy and active. Let him try different sports to see if he likes one or more better than the others. Any beginner sport develop strength, endurance etc. Most importantly, have fun!

Everything is a bit of a stretch, but I do know about parenting a boy gymnast! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back