Newbie from Canada!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Canadian_gym_mom

Proud Parent
Hello! I have been browsing the forums for a couple of days and decided to join. My dd is 7 and starting to train at the Pre-Novice National Aspire level. She competed Ontario Provincial Level 4 this season, because when we switched gyms, they had to switch her back walkover leg which set us back a ways.

I have just started learning about gymnastics, as my history was in figure skating. I am trying hard not to be "one of those moms" so I thought a forum like this would be a good place to learn about gymnastics, and also to ask questions and vent my frustrations without actually bringing them to the gym.

Most of the members seem to be from the US, if I'm not mistaken. So hello there from Canada!

Welcome to the Chalkbucket. We have mostly US members, but I and a few others are from Canada. We even have a few Canadian coaches on here. I am sure that being new to the sport can be a bit overwhelming, but we all had to learn at the start. The Pre Novice system is great and I hope your new club is giving her lots of fun whilst she learns.

Feel free to vent, we all do here, and feel free to question, we do lots of that too!

One of the reasons we switched gyms was the "fun factor". As demanding a sport as gymnastics is, the reality is she is still only 7 years old. They spend time every day training on the trampoline, which even though it's skill development, my dd still considers it fun time. They also end each practice with some rope swings into the pit and other fun stuff. Thanks for the welcome!

The fun in the early years is very important as it will be what gets them to the higher levels where the really hard work begins. Glad you are finding a balance for her whilst she is little.

My kids always loved tramp time, even though it was all skills.

Welcome to the Chalk Bucket! I'm from Canada too, Ottawa in fact. I'm glad you've found a gym you and your daughter are pleased with :)

Welcome to The Chalk Bucket!

Hi and welcome...Chalkbucket is a great place to find out just about anything you need to know about gymnastics, the good, the bad and the absolutely positively necessary!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back