Newbie! ::waves::

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi!

I am 25 year old ex-gymnast, I competed through level 9 and then tore my medial meniscus and dislocated my shoulder a few times! I coached from 16-23 and then moved for grad school! I am getting ready to move back to California for a few months and found a gym near by that has adult classes! I am so excited! So i figured i would take the plunge and join here in hopes of getting myself even MORE excited about walking into a gym again! hehe!

So tell me...whats your favorite skill? and what is your advise for getting back into the gym?

Mine is GIANTS! <3

Welcome to the Chalk Bucket!

I'm a 20 year old beginner gymnast and my favorite skill is anything on bars :]

I was never a gymnast when I was younger, but my biggest advice would be to not try to rush into things too much! Since we're adult gymnasts, we have all the time in the world to learn whatever we want :]

Hey!

Thanks! I am soooo excited to get back into the gym! Congrats to you for starting gymnastics!

I agree, bars is AMAZING! I just love to swing!

That is great advise! I never really thought about it like that, there really is all the time to learn skills, brilliant!

What skills are you working on right now?

Hi! :) My advice, being a former gymnast too, is to be aware that skills don't always come as easy as they did when you were a kid...unfortunately.

My favorite skill as of lately is back tucks on beam (I still need a spot, but I love them!)

Currently I'm working on getting my kip. I feel like I've been "so close" forever! Other than that I'm just trying to get back to working on everything I was doing before my ankle injury last August :[

Tried to go back into gymnastics at the age of 19, knowing after 18 it would be hard for me to find a gym. So I lied.........because I loved the sport so much I would have done anything to get my foot on a beam, or my hands on a bar or my body in the air. Unfortunately I broke my heal bone training on a double mini tramp and my real age came out. I am 28 now and I still love gymnastics. Discovering adult gymnastics has been one of the most amazing blessings. I can't wait to start training. Until I can get in the gym I'm working on my flexibility and handstands. Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to get prepared for my first day in the gym?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back