newbie!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

CreateMagic

Coach
Proud Parent
Hi! I'm new here, just stumbled upon this website. I'm 25 and have been involved in gymnastics for 13 years. I did rec classes for a short time, and started teaching gym classes at 15 (my boss saw me working with kids at a local elementary school camp and hired me because of how well I worked with kids! Is it any surprise I went on to be a teacher??) I've been with the same gym on-and-off (due to college and my career) for 10 years now.

My gym is mainly rec based. We only have about 12 kids total in our sanctioned competitive program (USAG levels 5-8 and prep op). I teach rec classes and a group of pre-team/level 1 & 2 kids after school during the week. I'm always looking for ways to educate myself to be a better teacher.

Other than that, I'm involved with cheerleading. I coach an youth-age all-star team, and I work for UCA (the Universal Cheerleaders Association).

Can't wait to see you all around :)

Welcome to the Chalkbucket. We certainly all learn a lot here, so many knowledgable people letting it all out. Great to have you, the more the merrier!

Welcome aboard! Your impressive resume means many of us will benefit from your experience as you will of theirs. I look forward to reading your thoughts.

"Universal Cheerleaders Association" Wow, Cheerleaders have a union now?? ;)

Happy posting!
Tim

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back