next meet March 24th

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My DD has her last meet of the season, before States, this Sunday. She has been doing really well in practice, 3rd year L8, but not really hitting it at meets. She has had five meets this year and only broke a 34 once. :( However, she has also had an average of 3 falls per meet so 32 and 33 isn't so bad, lol. Last year she was in the mid 34's for the last few meets.
Any way I am hoping for a fun meet. She hasn't vaulted or tumbled much in a week since her ankle is sore from track. She just wants to move to L9 so I will try my hardest to just let her have fun with what she has left of L8.
I just get a little bummed because if practiced were judged she would probably get at least a 35. Of course I am extremely proud of all she does and her feeling matter most!
Oh well.
hailey split jump.jpgGreat picture captured by her team mate of her switch leap, and yes she landed it! (practice of course)

Hopefully it will all come together and she'll hit everything and go into states on a roll. Is she falling on the same things each meet or is it random?

DD's coach always tells her that it's ok to fall, just as long as you are being aggressive. It's almost like once you accept that it's ok to fall, the problem goes away. The more you press or stress about it, the more it happens.

Have a great meet this weekend and whatever happens, your DD is still the best athlete in her entire school!

Hopefully it will all come together and she'll hit everything and go into states on a roll. Is she falling on the same things each meet or is it random?

DD's coach always tells her that it's ok to fall, just as long as you are being aggressive. It's almost like once you accept that it's ok to fall, the problem goes away. The more you press or stress about it, the more it happens.

Have a great meet this weekend and whatever happens, your DD is still the best athlete in her entire school!
Actually tha falls ate on different things but she is being aggressive. Her coach tells her that all the time. He would rather see a fall going hard the a clean routine with no effort.
Thanks for your kind and encouragimg words words

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back