Next steps?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

stargazer

Gymnast
I'm currently going to an Adult Rec class one or two nights a week, having retired from competitive gymnastics about 6 weeks ago. I'm at a bit of a loss as to what skills I should work on, especially for vault and beam. I have a great handspring vault, but seem to be pretty terrible at twisting. Due to my back, the only acro series I can do on beam is cartwheel cartwheel, and the last time I tried a round-off I nearly broke my toe. I tend to rotate 'forwards' when I do back tucks off beam so cartwheel back tucks are scary, though I'm perfectly willing to fix them. I am working on back handsprings on low beam, but a girl recently broke her wrist when her hand slipped on low beam so I'm a bit intimidated. I've got lots of ideas for floor and bars. All you adult gymnasts or coaches out there, any thoughts on what I can do next?
I'm 19, competed Level 5 and have many Level 6 skills, especially on bars and floor. I'm thinking I may want to compete Masters at some point so if I could get all/most of my level 6 skills on all 4 events that would be helpful, though not necessary I suppose. Thanks!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back