Next year?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well at camp I'll get to see how some of the cheerleaders who used to be gymnasts do their tumbling. Hopefully they do cheer tumbling that is gymnast quality!

Well I made a huge decision regarding next year today.

I told my soccer coach I will not be playing on the team this fall because I've decided to do tumbling as my main sport! So I will be in the gym a lot more often now. Tumbling is absolutely amazing and I've totally fallen in love with it. Right now I can do a bunch of skills, but mostly only on tramp/tumble track and my form leaves a lot to be desired, so I really want to work on it more and make it "gymnast quality" (as opposed to "cheer quality"). I think I can get pretty good at it in a year, and then who knows what will happen when I get to college. So I'm almost looking at it like a once in a lifetime opportunity, since I don't know if I'll be able to continue with it in college or not.

Next week we are having a tumbling camp at my gym, which is going to be so much fun! Tumbling all day everyday, but we will have social time in the middle of the day to kind of break it up a little.

That's awesome you're so excited about and dedicated to tumbling now! Do you want to compete as a power tumbler in the future?

That's awesome you're so excited about and dedicated to tumbling now! Do you want to compete as a power tumbler in the future?

Thanks! And yes, possibly! Haven't really decided yet. But I know I want to get good at tumbling!

This is my last year as well, since I'll be graduating from college. My main goals are to stay healthy, compete AA at Nationals (NAIGC), and qualify for at least two event finals (preferably bars and floor; I've made bars 2/2 times, beam 1/2 times, and just missed floor both years I went to Nationals). Placing AA would also be nice. My more specific goals: compete a real vault (I'd like to tuck tsuk 1/2 again, but more realistically it'll be a 1/2 on 1/1 or 3/2 off), full start values on beam/floor, upgrade tumbling (to 1 1/2 punch front, whip 1/2 front pike, 1/1), and fix my BHS BHS.

Hey, I do NAIGC, too! What school are you at?

It's a college gymnastics league. We go by level nine rules, and it is a lot less stressful than NCAA. To qualify to nationals you must compete in two meets- there's not even a qualification score. We encourage participation from everyone- from beginners to former level nines/tens. There are some good people in the league that do really well at Nationals- so it is a fun event to watch.

I absolutely love it. I reccommend it to anyone who is graduating high school and wants to keep doing gymnastics, but either wasn't good enough for NCAA or doesn't want to put the time in. It's a blast.

Oh OK, i had heard of it before...didn't know what it was called.

I'll be a 2nd year 8. I'm getting a new floor routine. No more walking on sunshine!For floor I want to do bounding as my double salto instead of doing the front tuck step out one. I did do some bounding at woodward.I also did some fhs front layouts so that could be one of my passes possibly.I want do a full. Right now its at at least 3/4 or something. Idk I competed a half last year.Beam I'm prolly keeping my bhs bhs unless my coach gets some psycho ideas. I was doing random stuff like the side handstand step down and a half piruoette and a one handed cartwheel and working on new jumps on beam but I don't know what my routine will be.Bars I want to put it a straddle back. I did some straddle backs at camp but I haven't done it in my gym yet.Vault I want to tsuk I flipped a lot into the pitt at camp.It would be cool if I did a fhs double full on vault too but thats not going to happen. We saw a girl do it at event finals at Y nats. BEAST.

This thread is so old but I wanted to come back and see if I made any of my goals!
Floor- I do have a full and compete it.
Vault- I do compete my tsuk but I haven't landed it at a meet yet because I've only been doing it for a little while.
Bars- Have the straddle back. Its so much fun
Beam- got the bhs bhs A LOT better. no more bent arms or legs that go everywhere. lol.

Start competing (since I am an "old" lady, I will be doing prep opt instead). I would LOVE to get a press handstand, as well as a kip, front handspring on vault, backwalkover on beam, get over my fear of smashing my face when doing skills on the beam, get my handsprings on the floor. So I guess I would be working towards about lvl 5 and lvl 6.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back