MAG NGA Start Values

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

rajbala12

Proud Parent
Hi - Our gym is doing NGA this season, and we would like to understand the scoring and how the start values are calculated, since this is more like optional format. I have a good understanding of vault and pommell, but not the other things, and DS is confused too. He wants to understand the deductions, what would be a good resource?
Thanks!

Hi - Our gym is doing NGA this season, and we would like to understand the scoring and how the start values are calculated, since this is more like optional format. I have a good understanding of vault and pommell, but not the other things, and DS is confused too. He wants to understand the deductions, what would be a good resource?
Thanks!
I wish I could help ya, I do not know the difference in NGA scoring, though I am starting to understand optional level scoring.

My son is new level 5

I went thru the rules and requirements - I could figure some of the things only for vault and pommell

I’m no help, but it does seem there is a sizable scoring difference at least on the girls’ side. I don’t really understand how NGA is scored at all—it’s supposed to be more streamlined. My daughter competed NGA last year. I thought the scores were roughly comparable to usag, but she is now back in usag with cleaner skills and we now see that the scores skew higher than usag. Sorry this doesn’t answer your question, but no one seems to understand how NGA works exactly. I wish someone knew more bc I feel like we wasted a year now though I didn’t think so at the time and we did have a lot of fun at nationals.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back