NGC tomorrow

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

3rd_time_around

Proud Parent
Judge
Well, tomorrow my level 9 competes at the National Gymnastics Challenge. It is going to be very tough in her session, so I'm already preparing myself for no placings. She has Southeastern, Orlando Metro, High Point (NC), and Rose's in her session, to name a few. If you or your gymmie are from any of these gyms, you know why I have no expectations of her winning or placing in any thing. However, I do want her to have a good showing: Clean routines with NO FALLS! Stick, Stick, Stick!! And I want her to improve her AA and use this as a practice run for regionals. Adversity builds character!!!

I was very disappointed in my younger dd's prep-op meet today. She did a good FX, no falls, no major mistakes, and scored an 8.4 for the 2nd meet in a row. This is the same routine that she scored a 9.3 on 3 meets ago. She actually started crying when she saw the score, because she is so frustrated and she doesn't know where the deductions are coming from. Neither does her coach. And her beam was clean with just two wobbles, no falls, and she scored an 8.925, and she fell on her squat-on which added to her already-bad bars routine for a 6.8. Very discouraging day. Then she fell on concrete stairs trying to get to the GymDog meet in time to perform with her team at the pre-meet show, and hurt her knee pretty bad. So, tonight she is not happy with herself or gymnastics.

I just want tomorrow to be a positive meet for my other daughter, not another disappointment. I couldn't handle it right now, as many things in my regular (non-gym) life are already causing me great stress and feelings of despair and depression at times. I want something to cheer about. So, please, just send good luck wishes our way, and if you are people that pray, please remember my dd in your prayers. Thanks for reading this long post. Congrats if you made it this far. :)

Thinking of you and hoping you all have positive things going on this week. Good luck to dd at the meet.

I'll send any good luck fairies that (hopefully) my DGD holds onto today...right after her meet. So look for them, they will be coming your way at noon today. Hoping to meet you today also as your session follows ours although we are on the road back to Florida immediately following our awards. So sorry to read your post about your prep opt . Some days you just wonder why you can't have a "do-over". My DGD is at breakfast with a team mate and will be on her way very soon and we'll be right behind her with the rest of the family. Hope we find the place easily as directions have been poor so far. The meet last night was awesome.

Thinking of you guys... I hope you all have a great day, and I can't wait for you to post today's results!

Sorry you are having such a rough go of thing of late. For you YDD, sorry she had a hard time. When it rains it pours, huh? Hope he knee isnt hurt to seriously and is better soon. Sending all the good luck fairies i have to your ODD. Keep us posted on how things go. Your daughters as well as you will be in my thoughts and prayers

Great to meet you today GAgymmom...and Courtney McCool was a bonus. Been thinking about your L9 DD....hope she had a fantastic day. Loved the meet, hated trying to find the location without any direction at all...we almost missed the first rotation....walked in the door as our first girl was starting the first rotation....I found that it was funny that the people in charge of the meet would not have had any signage anywhere and you had to "feel" your way to the parking and the venue...that school is huge...we (as well as many others we spoke to) spent a lot of time trying to find the venue but once there, it rocked.

AW! you all are the sweetest people! Nice meeting Gymnasticgrandkids, too! That was neat. So, to report on today:
Orlando Metro didn't show up, we never did find out what happened to them. My dd's team placed as expected, 5th (but not last) and beaten by the best teams in our region, so no hanging of heads here! We only have 3 level 9s and they scored a 107 vs. teams with 14, 8, 10 girls, so not too shabby.

Happy to report that my dd had the best meet of her life today! She scored 36.800. Started on beam, 9.050; floor, 9.200; vault, 9.3 (9.7 SV, oh yeah!); bars, 9.250. NO FALLS! Thanks for all the prayers and good luck wishes going her way. It's meets like this that you remember why you do this for your child. So funny though, to score 36.800 and place 6th when at other meets she scored 34 and placed 2nd. Oh, well, she met her goals and had a great day, that's what matters.

A little side note about Gymnasticgrandkids's comment about McCool. She coaches our girls 2 days a week, and was able to come today and help coach. She was standing with the girls at line-up, and the teams around them kept looking at her and then whispering to each other and then looking back. Finally, a parent (I think) came up to us (me and another mom) and said, "Is that Courtney McCool with your girls out there?" "Yes!" "Oh, I thought so." Haha, I told Courtney to go out and inspire our girls to greatness, and I think she did.

So happy for your daughter (and you too). In the middle of tough times the great days are so sweet! Courtney looks like she enjoys being in the gym so much, I'm sure her attitude inspires the girls. Hope younger DD is feeling better.

GAgymmom...the weird thing about Orlando Metro and their (I think only one) L9 was not suppose to be at all and maybe that is why a "no show"....when I told my daughter about your competing against Metro, she said, Metro has no 9 team but I had heard they had one girl...but then I also heard she was scored out of 9 and moved to 10 so maybe that's what happened there...don't really know. Anyway, so happy for your DD.....and about the inspiration thingy....yep, I think you were right...she certainly would be an inspiration to our team and just knowing she was there with them probably made them want to show her what they were made of....good job!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back