Nissin Trampoline / Aussie String Bed Maintenance

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have a Nissin with an Aussie String Bed. I am currently tearing it down fully, readjusting everything, greasing the the pivots, and giving the frame a good coat of paint. It will be stored out doors sometimes, to I want to do everything I can to insure it is well maintained. It is going to be be kept under a custom cover, with a small heater to keep it dry. I am also going to replace all the springs. The distance from the bed edge to the frame is 14-5/8", so a standard EuroTramp spring should fit well. Does anyone have any recommendations on a source for good springs. I know Rebound products has good springs, but they are a bit pricey. Are the competition springs that Funsport sells any good?

The bed is in pretty good shape, but it is getting to the point that some minor maintenance will probably extend its life dramatically. Some of the string pairs, for instance are coming apart. A coach at a gym I go to told me that the bed was factory painted with a latex paint, and that by repainting it, you could really extend its life. I read elsewhere, however, that the bed was painted with a special acrylic paint. Does anyone know what paint was used, and where it can be obtained in the US? Also, what should be done to clean the bed before applying the coating. I assume that a weak soapy warm water solution, and very gentle brushing would be best.

If anyone has reconditioned / re-coated a bed with success, please give me any tips you can. Thanks in advance....

By the way...I have been jumping for about a year. The gym I go to has 3 different tramp beds...a GME, and Aussie String, and a tighter mesh white bed. Of the 3...I by far like the Aussie String bed the most. It is just so much fun to jump on, and despite some people saying it is harder to control...I am most consistent on that bed. I was so stoked to find a used Nissin with an Aussie bed....

From the following link:

Springboards And More Australian Two String Bed for 7 ft. x 14 ft. Trampoline

• The trampoline string is made of hand woven double terlyne that is rubberized to offer extended life and protection from external elements.
  • This mat includes extra nylon reinforced safety edging and conforms to F.I.T. World specifications.
  • The 7 ft. x 14 ft. String Bed is a TRUE 7 ft. x 14 ft. size and is designed to be used with 10 inch Jumbo or 10.25 inch High Performance Springs.
  • Be sure that you have AT LEAST 46 inches of clearance underneath the center of your trampoline so the jumper does not "bottom out" the trampoline bed. If you have large jumpers, we suggest 48-50 inches of clearance.
  • To keep your Aussie 2-String Bed in good working order requires occasional maintenance, including painting. To do this, use a good quality acrylic paint.
  • Prior to painting the bed, use a pencil and insert it through each hole of the "bed grid" in order to move all 2-Strings together. Then, using a roller, paint the bed (top and bottom). When finished painting, use a broom to "smack" the bed to knock off any excess paint.
  • Use RED paint for the border and center marks and YELLOW for the bed itself. Paint the red first and then the yellow. You may want to use masking tape prior to painting the red and the yellow in order to help yourself stay within the lines. Allow the bed to thoroughly dry before using.

Here is more:

Springboards and More Diving Blog: How To Paint a Trampoline "String" Bed

[URL="http://www.webounce.com/STRING%20BED%20CARE%20AND%20MAINTENANCE.htm"]http://www.webounce.com/STRING%20BED%20CARE%20AND%20MAINTENANCE.htm

[/URL]I really don't know much about string bed maintenance as I just bought a brand new one and hope to not have to maintain it for a while. I would call...

Rebound Products - Excellence in Trampoline EquipmentThey know everything about trampolines.

call speith andersen. 1 800 331 8068. they are an aussie dealer. they'll get the answers you need.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back