Parents NJ Meets

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Granny Smith

Proud Parent
I know that we have quite a few NJ gymnasts here. Since meet season is starting for Level 4, 6 & 7, just curious what meets your girls were going to.

My dd is a Level 7 I know so far as Invitationals are concerned that she is going to the Fall Fling at Will-Moor and Pumpkin Cup. She will also be doing the Sectionals and States if she qualifies. We are considered a South gym so our 1st Sectional will be at HOH.

Anyone else?

Hi Granny Smith!

Our season includes 2 meets at our gym, the Rutgers Classic and The Greater NY Invitational. Pumpkin Cup was on our original L4 schedule but they told us last month we weren't going. Our older girls have a much more exciting schedule with much more traveling, but close is good for me for now, LOL!

My dd went to the Greater NY a couple of yrs ago and I loved it. It is avery big facility and I thought it was a very well run meet.

Good luck to your dd - hope she does well at Level 4.

You should consider coming down to Virginia, our gym is hosting a meet Nov. 17,18. We usually have around 700 gymnast. More in the 4-6 levels but it is a really fun meet. Cash prizes awarded to the top teams I believe. If you would like more info let me know...

We are attending a meet in Fredericksburg (Commonwealth Cup) that same weekend...are you the one hosting it? We have 3 level 6's who will be attending and maybe a couple of 5's. Others won't be ready until Jan. We have a fairly small gym and our higher gymnasts are fantastic. We are building our lower teams; pre-team, and 4's.

Yes that is the meet! My daughter is a level 4 so this is our first year. But as a parent we are all working hard to make this a fun and memorable meet! I hope you enjoy it :)

My DD's team will also be at the meet at Paragon! We're looking forward to it... we're a team from Loudoun County... I just hope her "kip" is prettier by then!!! HA!

Thanks Granny Smith,

We just found out tonight my daughter will start this weekend!! YEAH! She had missed her first meet (long story) and was feeling upset about being the only one who didn't get to compete yet, but now she gets to go with another team girl. They are trying to qualify them for a sectional that just got added for Oct. 13/14th. All the other L4's qualified at the last meet. No pressure huh? I am just excited to see her do something. I don't think I've ever seen a complete routine on anything. If I am only going to be holding a camera watching, why do I feel nervous?

Good Luck to all the NJ girls & moms as well. Hope I get an opportunity to meet some of you!

Thanks Granny Smith,

We just found out tonight my daughter will start this weekend!! YEAH! She had missed her first meet (long story) and was feeling upset about being the only one who didn't get to compete yet, but now she gets to go with another team girl. They are trying to qualify them for a sectional that just got added for Oct. 13/14th. All the other L4's qualified at the last meet. No pressure huh? I am just excited to see her do something. I don't think I've ever seen a complete routine on anything. If I am only going to be holding a camera watching, why do I feel nervous?

Good Luck to all the NJ girls & moms as well. Hope I get an opportunity to meet some of you!

Moms always are nervous, probably more than the girls! You will know going into the 4th rotation exactly what she needs to get to qualify and so will the other moms with you. We band together and help each other meet by meet!

I have to say that Level 4 and 5 were the worst. I would wake up at like 5am for a meet day and I would worry!

Level 6 and now Level 7 are much easier for me. My dd has become a better gymnast over the years. This past weekend I knew she would qualify, so I wasn't nervous for her for that. But I was nervous for her bar routine. I knew that if she could hit the routine like she does in practice that she would have a good shot at 1st place, so I was nervous watching and hoping that for her that she hit it. Same with beam, but she did have a fall, but she still got 2nd place, so no complaints.

I guess what I am trying to say is that as mom you will always be nervous (also you will always have a camera in hand - remember absolutely no flash photography!! ;))

Last edited:
Granny Smith,
Change in plans, our L4 girls will be at Pumpkin Cup after all. Last minute thing, maybe we'll see you there! Coach said it was a fun meet and our girls will be going as clowns.

Granny Smith,
Change in plans, our L4 girls will be at Pumpkin Cup after all. Last minute thing, maybe we'll see you there! Coach said it was a fun meet and our girls will be going as clowns.

That's great - the Pumpkin Cup is so much fun for the girls!

I believe that our Level 4 team will be there also. Good luck and post how she does.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back