WAG No Event Awards to specific level

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We recently had a pre-meet at our gym. Our scores counted towards state and all that. Last year, they only did AA awards. This year they did the highest scorer in each level on each event along with AA awards. I'm in Xcel, and they gave the event awards to all of the levels-except silver. They did however, get two ribbons on their score cards. i noticed they do this at the other "normal" meets our gym hosts- they give event awards to all levels in xcel except silver. Does anyone know of a reason?

In my experience (with boys meets), they decide not to do event awards if there are too few individuals in a level / age division. How few is too few can vary. In a meet we were at recently, my son was in a division with 5 kids and they received only AA medals.

Anything anyone replies with is speculation and different depending on their gym.

The best way to find out how and why your gym does something is to ask them :)

At our comps there would be three reasons why awards are not given for apparatus.

1. If there is only 1 competitor in a level. If so they just received an all around trophy or they receive 1 apparatus medal and aN All around trophy. Rather than giving them a medal for every apparatus plus an all around trophy.

2. If the gymnasts did not score high enough. Apparatus awards are only given if the gymnast scores a 5.5 or higher. So if only 2 people got over a 5.5, they would only give 1st and 2nd. The same applies for over all awards. If a minimum all around score is not achieved an all around award would not be given.

3. It is a fund raising meet. We have a competition each year early in the season where no awards are given, just feedback from the judges. The idea is to raise funds to take the judges to nationals.

In my experience (with boys meets), they decide not to do event awards if there are too few individuals in a level / age division. How few is too few can vary. In a meet we were at recently, my son was in a division with 5 kids and they received only AA medals.
The silver level has the most people at our gym.

At our comps there would be three reasons why awards are not given for apparatus.

1. If there is only 1 competitor in a level. If so they just received an all around trophy or they receive 1 apparatus medal and aN All around trophy. Rather than giving them a medal for every apparatus plus an all around trophy.

2. If the gymnasts did not score high enough. Apparatus awards are only given if the gymnast scores a 5.5 or higher. So if only 2 people got over a 5.5, they would only give 1st and 2nd. The same applies for over all awards. If a minimum all around score is not achieved an all around award would not be given.

3. It is a fund raising meet. We have a competition each year early in the season where no awards are given, just feedback from the judges. The idea is to raise funds to take the judges to nationals.

most kids score fairly well, especially those in silver for the seccond year, and silver xcel has the most kids. we only have two meets and both have not give awards for events. one is a pre-meet and the other is a meet for any gym to join.

most kids score fairly well, especially those in silver for the seccond year, and silver xcel has the most kids. we only have two meets and both have not give awards for events. one is a pre-meet and the other is a meet for any gym to join.
Maybe for Silver, they do achievement instead of placement???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back