Parents No more watching

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

medic3188

So I got a new job and friday is the last day I can watch my dd do gymnastics. A babysitter will drop her off and I will be there after practice is over. I am sad. I love watching her.:(

So I got a new job and friday is the last day I can watch my dd do gymnastics. A babysitter will drop her off and I will be there after practice is over. I am sad. I love watching her.:(

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
Medic3188,
I am so sorry that you cannot watch any longer. I would be sad as well if I could no longer watch dd. I am glad that your gym was willing to let her stay until you could get her.
Maybe you could leave a disposable digital camera at the gym so that they can take pictures every once in a while for you.

Good luck on your new job. I am very lucky that I can usually work from home and I can actually work from the gym too when I need to.

Enjoy this week of watching. :) dd only has practice tomorrow & thursday this week because they are on spring break from school. Normally the gym is closed but the L4 & L5 have States coming up the first 2 weekends in April so coach is having practice.

Keep your chin up Medic3188 - I know that feeling. I have always worked full time. I remember doing some crazy things to sneak away to watch practice, even for a few minutes. Things change and it won't always be that way. :) Keep us updated.

awwwwwwww:( I know how you feel. I have only been able to watch Emily on friday's for about 1.5 hours a week for the past 8 months. I have been going to school all year since late August and I miss watching her all the time at every practice. I rely on the other moms to fill me in what happened the night before:) I see them at my workout gym in the morning, hee hee. Emily doesn't give me enough detail about how practice went, lol... She is usually like fine and that is it. Big hugs to you... I love watching so much too so it is hard to not go.

Aww, that is really sad. But on the bright side it will be really exciting now to see her when you can because from meet to meet she will have improved sooooo much.

When our club got it's new gym, no parents except the tinies, could stay and watch. There is just no place for anyone to stand/sit. When we have an in house meet for just our club, we have to take away all the beams, put down the tramp and remove a set of bars!

So we all had to adjust at the same time. The difference is that, I only ever see where my girls are at by going to meets. Little DD brings home a binder each month that shows her progress, goals and achievments, that helps to keep me in the loop. Big DD talks about what she did, who drove her nuts and what is driving her bonkers. The drive home is 40 mins on a good day, so they get lots of time to share.

Like anything you'll get used to it, I feel for you, but life's like this. Just as you get comfortable in one phase, a new one comes along to challenge you. Those of you who have almost grown up and grown up kids know all about this one. My fifteen year old will leave home in Aug 2009 to go to college, I just cannot imagine him gone or looking after himself, but it's just another one of those changes!

oh, that sucks. i have decided that when DD moves to team in may/june that i am not going to stay for practice the whole time and am sad about that. but, my 2 year old needs me, too and my DH would probably like to eat dinner those 3 nights. LOL. we are 10 minutes from the gym so i will drop her off, go home, then come back and watch for the last 30min-1hour. i hate leaving her there, but don't want to spend 12 hours a week in the gym with a 2 year old either. LOL.

it is so true about seeing huge changes when you do see her do stuff. it is hard to see those when you see them at each practice.

good luck at your new job!

I would hate not being able to watch DD's practices. Luckily, my youngest son is 5 and spends time with his grandparents while I'm at practice. And DH picks him up when he gets home from work. It's not the same as having Mom around all the time but its still good. My oldest son (almost 13) gets left alone after school on practice days but it's usually only for an hour or two. And, my parents live just a few minutes away so they'd be around if he needed someone. This will change a bit when we change gyms. Practices will be 3 days per week (instead of two) but they start later in the day so that's less time between when I have to leave and when DH gets home.

I'm not sure how we'll handle the summer, though. Practice is during the day for 3 hours. The gym is 40 minutes away, so it's not really worth it to just drop DD off. But the boys will NOT want to hang out for 9 hrs a week at the gym and I'm not sure grandma and papa will want to keep the youngest that much either. So, we'll just jump off that bridge when we get to it. :D

Medic, I am sorry to hear you won't be able to watch practice anymore. I hope that as your dd progresses, you will be able to catch at least a bit of the practices. I know that ours go til 8:00 pm during the school year so even though I work full time I can usually catch the last hour or two, plus we have weekend practice. Summers are when I miss most of my dd's practices, since they are during the day. Think how surprised you will be when you do get to see her practice - she will have gotten so much better!

Meg

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back