WAG No one in the stands….

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

bookworm

Proud Parent
I just saw an “ad” for VIP tickets to Championships that are almost 6000 bucks! Includes “2 front row seats, access to elite athletes (whatever the heck that means) , 4 nights at the Marriott, podium training and a goodie bag. Also included is a “limo from the airport “ but no flights…I remember the days when gyms would get tickets for all the kids and people would go en masse to this meet and it wasn’t crazy prices to support the athletes. I can only imagine what the tickets for the other seats cost …. Nosebleed seats at Classic were reportedly over 100 bucks so the place was empty except for mostly parents. And I’m sure Championship prices are higher …

I remember a couple kids getting fancy tickets with better seats , but those were around $150 … not 6000 bucks … is USAG off its rocker? I paid less for my first year of college! … although there probably will be some who fall for this unfortunately .

Seriously... I have to go look this up.

Here is the ad
0A358153-2179-4695-82A0-8AD895F18A61.jpeg

That definitely seems a bit crazy... however... it looks like they still have regular tickets for $60/session or so.

That definitely seems a bit crazy... however... it looks like they still have regular tickets for $60/session or so.
Are those the nosebleed seats? I remember having decent seats for a decent price for the 2 days back in the day...

And if Championships could have $60 tickets, what was up with the high prices at Classics? It was in Utah where people go to meets but I read on a Utah site that the prices kept folks out of the stands...

I see that they had all session tickets for $179 and it looks like the single session tickets starting at $76. I'm not sure though... it's hard to tell as the pricing pages don't work anymore as the event is over.

Are those the nosebleed seats? I remember having decent seats for a decent price for the 2 days back in the day...

And if Championships could have $60 tickets, what was up with the high prices at Classics? It was in Utah where people go to meets but I read on a Utah site that the prices kept folks out of the stands...

Single day tickets were $39 + fees or $59 + fees.

yeah. I think most people were using the weekend ticket prices. For that price you got all of the sessions on one day.

If I am looking at the website for the right hotel, that is a luxury hotel. Over $400 per night and up. So that is 2 grand right there.

If I am looking at the website for the right hotel, that is a luxury hotel. Over $400 per night and up. So that is 2 grand right there.
That's what I was thinking!

If you start piecing it out, the 6k isn't too too bad(although not something I would ever pay).

2k for hotel, probably 500 in limo(its Miami, 250 each way would be a bargain), another 500 in merchandise, then start adding in behind the scenes and photos and suddenly you're only paying 500each(1k total) for front row tix for all sessions.

I am guessing there will be parents willing to pay this for their little future champion darlings.

That's what I was thinking!

If you start piecing it out, the 6k isn't too too bad(although not something I would ever pay).

2k for hotel, probably 500 in limo(its Miami, 250 each way would be a bargain), another 500 in merchandise, then start adding in behind the scenes and photos and suddenly you're only paying 500each(1k total) for front row tix for all sessions.

I am guessing there will be parents willing to pay this for their little future champion darlings.
What high prices you're charging... And what is the minimum price I can expect to pay?

What high prices you're charging... And what is the minimum price I can expect to pay?

I'm not charging anything!!

I am just a gym mom/parent like everyone else!

I just made a comment on the package offered-stating that is was more than just seats to the competition for the high cost!!

I also stated that I personally would never pay it. Heck, one of my daughter's competitions charged 30/person for us to watch our own kiddos-we sent 2 family representatives and the other 4 stayed home. No WAY was I paying $180 for all of us.

So I'm sure not paying 6k to watch strangers!! Even if it IS 2days, for 2ppl.

I know, but it added up. Can you help me out? Is it USAG that the proceeds go to? Why are the comps held anywhere near a luxury hotel instead of in the local gym? And
I don’t know where exactly the proceeds go to, but if I had to guess i will say USAG. As far as local gyms hosting this that’s out. Nobody at the Jr/Sr Elite level will compete inside a local gym, especially the seniors when a couple of them are Olympians or soon to be Olympians

I don’t know where exactly the proceeds go to, but if I had to guess i will say USAG. As far as local gyms hosting this that’s out. Nobody at the Jr/Sr Elite level will compete inside a local gym, especially the seniors when a couple of them are Olympians or soon to be Olympians
Ahh, thanks for that. i should probably have guessed. Sorry for the fanciful questions, I’ve never really been to a meet, since I was like twelve through fourteen when I coached, and wasn’t getting paid besides. Daaang I’m bitter. Sorry lol

US championships had a good turn out for the seniors - maybe some of that is based on location? Tampa has a plethora of gyms in it, whole teams were attending

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back