Parents No word on meets yet?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This is our second/last year for the leo. I think they're planning to keep the warmups indefinitely. Girls moving up to the long sleeve leo will have the option to keep their tank competition leo from last year, this year only. Thankfully my daughter's l/s leo should still fit - they were majority lycra, so a lot more stretch than mystique leos.

Our gym has said that if we do have a season or attend meets then we'll just go with the sleeveless leo for this year. That way if things change last minute it won't be a lost year with an expensive comp leo (this was our year to get a new one.)
we were told similar. It was the year for new leos & warmups. For any meet our gym said they will pick a fun tank leo for everyone to get and keep the costs down. They will go for the full leo/warmup set next fall. I would rather not drop the money on a new comp. leo this year only to get really 1 year out of it.

We are in Florida. Our girls and boys both have schedules. Girls, I think, are not traveling out of state. Boys were slated for HNI in Houston and Blackjack in Vegas, but HNI cancelled. Local meets include gasparilla, presidential, gator swamp invitational, and judges cup in Dec if they have it,but it is not yet on the state website. Cannot find info on Windy City so wondering if they are not having it. We have orders in for men’s uniforms. We are hearing that many FL gyms are doing VERY limited travel, if any at all.

I hear American Cup is going to definitely take place. When and where I don't know. It's not going to be an international meet and instead all 2020 and 2021 qualified American athletes at the Senior, Junior and Hopes level will be eligible to compete. These rules are subject to change, but that's the plan.

Website says Wisconsin: https://www.americancup.com/

I hear American Cup is going to definitely take place. When and where I don't know. It's not going to be an international meet and instead all 2020 and 2021 qualified American athletes at the Senior, Junior and Hopes level will be eligible to compete. These rules are subject to change, but that's the plan.

Website says Wisconsin: https://www.americancup.com/

I think "definitely" is subjective. If gatherings are limited, I imagine lots of things will change rapidly.

My kiddo needs a new leotard too! She grew like a weed over the time away from gym. But it is the second year of this leo and I'd hate to buy it only to find out that we aren't doing meets and then have to buy a new one next season (our gym uses the same leo for two seasons)

Our gym usually does GGI, but none of the others you've mentioned. But I'm assuming that if we compete at all, they would be more inclined to choose closer meets that what we typically do, so folks can drive...

2ish months ago when we weren’t sure there was going to be a season, the gym decided to have the team compete in $40 Ozone tank leos with the gym name on them, instead of purchasing new long sleeve ones for $300+ not knowing what will happen season wise. My gymnast was a little bummed, but I get why they made that decision .

I think "definitely" is subjective. If gatherings are limited, I imagine lots of things will change rapidly.

Understood and agreed, but USAG has already held mini regional camps for NT and developmental athletes with at least 15+ athletes in the past month. They observe CDC protocols and the training and evaluations have been successful. USAG also has already used live video verification in case USAG sends a team to Japan in 2020.

Region 2. Meets are posted on state calendars but no schedule from our gym for optionals yet. They stated we will at least do in house meets and won’t travel out of the area through 2020. I read somewhere that USAG is allowing “virtual meets.” Not sure how that works. I get a lot of helpful info from minutes posted on the regional usag sites and on the state sites. Not getting new leos, no new warm ups, new optionals girls can maybe borrow or get used ones from past girls I’m guessing. I really feel for the seniors out there and hope they can have a real season.

I am a floor director for our meet and we are planning to go ahead. We usually have over 2,000 gymnasts but that will be cut back to around 1,300 per state guidelines with reduced spectators as well.

Region 3 - Texas. Gyms opened mid-May. In Texas, compulsories are in fall, optionals are in Winter. We have our new comp leo ordered and our meet schedule. We usually do one "far" travel meet. Not doing that this year. All meets are within driving distance. State meets and regionals are on the schedule, with dates and locations.

We are region 5 (Illinois) and have a meet schedule- meets are set to start in Dec- as per state guidelines, we are not allowed to leave the state for competition, so all the meets are ‘local’ in state.
But yet somehow gyms in other states are able to come and compete here.
The youth sports guidelines are confusing to say the least.

In the last 4-5 days there are at least 60 meets posted on mymeetscores as upcoming in our State. Our team has their whole season schedule so it’s looking like the huge invitationals are moving forward as of now for optional season. Compulsory season is already underway.

There was a meet at the end of August that happened probably about 120 girls across 4 sessions, no limits on spectators but looking at pics on USAG site looked like temps were taken and coaches/audience wore masks.

Region 8 here and we were told that we have received the meet schedules. Just waiting for the list to come down to the parents. This is for the men's at least, I can't speak for the women's.

Understood and agreed, but USAG has already held mini regional camps for NT and developmental athletes with at least 15+ athletes in the past month. They observe CDC protocols and the training and evaluations have been successful. USAG also has already used live video verification in case USAG sends a team to Japan in 2020.
I was wondering if they had held any camps yet. No girls from my daughter's gym were invited so I feel out of the loop on elite stuff.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back