Don't Lurk... We've Got Answers!

New For 2022
MEMBERS ONLY Parent Group!
Join for FREE!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2007
Tennessee
So i think there have been similar posts, but what are good ways to stay in shape outta the gym?
like, i know people have asked about excessive work outs, but i'm quitting gym and i wanna know what kind of exercises would be beneficial to me since i'm so accustom to working out so hard. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

N

NYgymfan

You can still do some of the same workouts you do for gym...but maybe just less intense and less often! Running is a great way to keep your endurance up and it can be fun (but I might be biased b/c I run track). Swimming is also a great low-impact workout that covers your entire body if you have a pool that you can use. If you're quitting gym but sticking with cheerleading maybe you could ask your cheer coach for some ideas.

N

NYgymfan

Track rocks! Its def the second best sport (after gym of course)!

Oct 15, 2007
Tennessee
Why are you quitting gym???

I'd definitely say running but like NYgymfan I do track too. =]

okay. i HATE running.
with a passion. lol.
i'm quitting bc my grades got low, and i'm lonely (no friends) and my music is getting bad, and a buncha other stuff. But i'm not quitting forever. I'm prolly gunna go back in about 4-6 months. =D

gymgymgymnast08

Dec 8, 2007
Ok well if you hate running you can do other cardio things like jumping on a tramp for a long time.. make sure you keep up with abs and arms and all you don't want to be behind when you go back!

Status
Not open for further replies.