Parents Not just flyaway now but she got a layout flyaway tonight

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

wow two weeks with her tuck flyaway and she went to open gym tonight and worked on getting her layout flyaway into the pit and started nailing them and moved them to the bars... She is landing them perfectly:) Wow.... Emily is really working hard:) I told her to get off the bars after a while because she wouldn't stop working them and I didn't want her to rip or something before out meet next Sunday. I can't wait till she can show her coaches on Monday her new skill:)

NOw that is AWESOME. she always had such beautiful lines on the bar. I can't wait to see her meets this year. A layout is massive.

Well I don't know how well she is going to do on bars because her high bar cast is pitiful due to being afraid of the baby giant and well because of that, that skill needs a lot of work. Other than that the routine is pretty good as long as she is a big aggressive on her pike glide kip... I really wish she would do a straddle glide kip because they are much stronger. Her pike glide kip to me just doesn't give her enough power and sometimes she bends her arms and that effects her low bar cast:( I am not expecting much higher than 7s right now on level 6 bars because of a few angle issues and stuff like that... especially since I know the judges are brutal in level 6 bars...
But thank you all for being excited to see her bars:) I am just hoping you all can see her beam too:)
It is still up in the air whether she will be able to compete her level 6 beam routine this week or not.. She can't stand on the beam and debate whether she is going to do the backwalk over on beam... She just has to do it with good proper routine rhythm...

Judges here are REALLY tough on level 6 bars--hopefully all her hard work will pay off in a great score :)

Judges here are REALLY tough on level 6 bars--hopefully all her hard work will pay off in a great score :)

I keep hearing this and I'm getting nervous for Olivia. She has beautiful lines but her casts are barely horizontal. But, nothing I can do about it, right? I'll just let the coaches worry about it and what will be, will be.

Congrats to Emily for getting the layout flyaway! :) Let us know what the coaches say tonight!

I can confirm tough bar scoring. My daughter scored a 9.075 at State last spring as a level 5 and received a 6.6 bar score last Saturday. She is not too into scores though and is happy right now just doing a clean level 6 routine.

WTG about the flyaway.

We have our own bars and beam frustrations right now but I won't hijack your post :D will start my own!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back