Novice Competition Meet Report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

iamagymbabe

Coach
Gymnast
I had my first comp at the weekend and I had no idea it would be so long!! I was there for 6 hours :eek:!

First up was vault. My first one was a bit iffy but I stuck the landing on the 2nd one- score of 10.350 and 15 place on vault.

Over to bars, I wasn't sure I was even going to compete bars so I ended up doing a single bar routine- 8.950 and 10 place on bars.

Beam was a bit wobbly. I fell on my forward roll and almost fell on the spin but managed to hold it. 10.900 and 20 place on beam.

Finally onto floor. I only finished making up the routine 2 weeks ago so I was really pleased that I didn't forget it! Score of 10.600 and 16th place.

Only the top 3 scores counted so I ended up in 18th place with a score of 31.850. I was really pleased as I only train for 90 minutes a week and I only had about 4 sessions to prepare. :)

Well done! I don't think I judged you in the end, but I'm not 100% sure!
Glad you enjoyed it! It is a good competition to do. Our gymnasts who did it train between 2 and 4 hours a week, which is on the low side for that competition, so you've done really well to do it on 90mins a week and 4 weeks notice!

Thanks Flossyduck and marie83 :D I had a lot of fun!

Marie- I was on the beam closest to the vault so I don't think you did judge me :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back