Parents Now we get to go to regionals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gym monkeys mom

Proud Parent
It seems that scores were low in Region 4 at States this year.

So for that reason they have lowered the score to go to regionals at level 8 this year to AA 33.

Wow who would think!!

That means DD gets to go to regionals so we are now going to MO well actually KS is where they are hosting the meet.

Sort of funny we are going to Regions for Region 4 but competing in a different Region either way its cool and she is excited

She is also really nervous she had come to grips with the idea she was done this year and was training for next year. I know she will settle in to the idea and get some good practice in the next 2 weeks.

Thanks for all the support
We are excited!!!

Well someones DD must be feeling pretty excited. What an unexpected reward for her and a nice way to finish the season.

Is the meet far from you? Could be such a fun family road trip.

Hey that's great!! Congrats! I hope she has a great time and that it turns out to be a fun and exciting time for your family!:D
We are heading to regionals too in Long Beach in a couple of weeks! Fun!

Woohoo!! What exciting news! I am sure she will get used to the idea and get back in her groove. Hope she has fun!!!

Congrats! Region 4 rocks!! :)

It's not that the scores were low, it's that R4 wants to "provide more opportunities...etc etc." :p

If your going to Eagles gym in KC (I think you are)- get there EARLY. The gym layout is great for training, but doesn't lend itself to viewing. It's very tight, has immediate parking for about 20 cars, and the air conditioning is more like big fans blowing hot air around. Other then this, Eagles is really well equipt gym.

Wishing Beth the Best!

(it sounds like im lisping when I say that).

What a pleasant surprise and one I'm sure your dd is excited about. My gymmie is nervous/excited too. It becomes a very big deal when they're asked what their leo size is and would you like to order a t shirt for regionals.

Best wishes to dd!!!

VERY very cool and what a great surprise! Hope it is a great trip and everything goes well for her!!! I understand that it must be kinda weird after thinking she is done...but...still VERY cool!:):)

quote:It's not that the scores were low, it's that R4 wants to "provide more opportunities...etc etc." :p

If your going to Eagles gym in KC (I think you are)- get there EARLY. The gym layout is great for training, but doesn't lend itself to viewing. It's very tight, has immediate parking for about 20 cars, and the air conditioning is more like big fans blowing hot air around. Other then this, Eagles is really well equipt gym.

Tim_Dad:

Yes Region 4 does rock how ever this is what the Tegion 4 website said about why they lowered the Level 8 score:

Sorry for the last minute change, but numbers were significantly lower this year so we are opening the meet up to more kids.

It really does not matter to us why she gets to go now because we know a few thing swent wrong at State She is capable of scoring what was needed at first to qualify for Regionals.

The meet is not at Eagles Gym it is at the Overland Park Convention Center any fun or cool places we should eat arounfd there. Sunday is my 1st DD 17th b-day.

We were lucky to get s hotel but unfortunaltly not in the same hotel as our teammates. LOL The 4 right around the Convention Center filled up fast right

Thanks for the info oh yeah Beth is not my DD that is Cathian's....but the quote was sounding kind of lispy.

Last edited:
Just a note on the hotel issue. Call the team hotel daily to check for cancellations. There are ALWAYS people who reserve for three nights and then cancel, some people also book hoping their kid made it, but didn't. Then there are the sick gymmies that cancel at the last minute. Hotels do not keep wait lists, so it will be the person who calls at the right moment that will get the rooms. These rooms tend not to even get into the central reservations, so don't bother with the website.

Good luck with that, it is fun to stay with the team, but it still will be so much fun.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back