NYS gyms can open July 6....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

His statement of 7/6 and phase 3 makes no sense, when he has said all along that recreation was phase 4. Phase 4 should start in most areas by the end of June. Small group practices is less risk than day camps and he has already said those can start 6/29. Our gym does team camp and rec camp so those are planned for 6/29 with rec classes starting 7/6.

Little league is lobbying big time for practices to be able to start at least. Teams are traveling out of state for tournaments since all of the neighboring states are open for tournaments. That seems higher risk than allowing teams all within the same area to hold practices and games.

With school officially ending this week in the area it will be a long 2 weeks without any schedule / activities for kids.

I believe gym lobbied to be included in Phase 3 as a non-contact sport that can be practiced with social distancing. NYC will still be in Phase 3 then. Plus we are not traveling as a rule this time of year. (Though as for the week at Woodward for any Region 7 male optional who wants to go, I sure as hell hope no one from our gym does it.)

I hope gyms use this time to get all remaining pieces of their safety protocols nailed down. In our county, they must be cleared by the county before they can start. I haven't yet heard whether our gym is going to do a camp this summer. While my son is very eager to return to coaching, I kind of hope they don't.

Yes, it does seem unclear with respect to the regions (like CNY) that could potentially be phase 4 on June 26. I don’t know. My gym and another local gym said July 6 on FB, but I think one could argue that June 26 could be legal here. I’m just thrilled it’s not the fall or worse, which is what we were thinking at one point. We‘ll see!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back