Parents Off Topic- Leotards in Boston?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Kiwikaz

Proud Parent
Gymnast
Hi all,

I’m going to be in Boston for a week at the beginning of December (coming from NZ) and I was wondering if anyone can tell me where I might find leotards? My 10 yr old Step 3 is very hopeful that I can get her a “real American leotard” , so I thought I might see if anyone here can give me a tip!

Thanks,

Karen

A lot of the actual gyms have great selections of leotards for sale. Maybe someone from the Boston area can recommend a few gyms to visit. I think most of us buy our leotards at pop up stands at meets or online. Enjoy your visit!!!

Reactions: sce
Do you know where you'll be staying?
I agree, the best place to buy them is at the meets, but December is just the beginning of the meet season here so not that many meets. Here is one I found:
https://www.metrosouthgymnastics.com/shinebright

But if you tell us where you'll be staying, people might suggest a gym nearby that sells leotards.

I would search for gyms local to the area you are staying and visit the pro shop at those locations. DD's gym every leo is 35 dollars and they are all GK.

I bet you could even order from your daughters favorite leotard website and have it shipped directly to the hotel you will stay at. I know my SIL ships vacation stuff to her destinations all the time. You could call the hotel to confirm they'd do that?

Thanks everyone! I’m staying at the Hyatt Regency which is downtown. I will look on to the pro shops that aren’t too far to travel- I will be using public transport to get around.

I did think about seeing if I could get one shipped online to the hotel - any good suggestions for websites to look at? Honestly, we have quite limited selections here in NZ- her comp leo is a GK that was ordered through our gym and that took a couple of months to arrive.

Really appreciate the help!

Hi all,

I’m going to be in Boston for a week at the beginning of December (coming from NZ) and I was wondering if anyone can tell me where I might find leotards? My 10 yr old Step 3 is very hopeful that I can get her a “real American leotard” , so I thought I might see if anyone here can give me a tip!

Thanks,

Karen
What size is your daughter? I am outside of Boston on the South Shore. Maybe I have something in my kid's closet that she won't wear that I can pass on. ps - feel free to PM me.

What size is your daughter? I am outside of Boston on the South Shore. Maybe I have something in my kid's closet that she won't wear that I can pass on. ps - feel free to PM me.

pss - i have an AXS Simone Biles GX leo that my kid says she will not wear. still has the tags on it. $70 leo. would be willing to do a trade if your daughter liked it. leo for a t-shirt from NZ. i want to come into boston to look at the genealogy place so i would even come into the city and meet up for a trade. i can send you a picture if you like.

i have an AXS Simone Biles GX leo that my kid says she will not wear. still has the tags on it. $70 leo.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with new or nearly new leotards that my picky gymnast won't wear. Mine usually gives me the green light to cut off tags and wash, and then after one wear declares it's not comfortable or has some other flaw. SO frustrating....

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with new or nearly new leotards that my picky gymnast won't wear. Mine usually gives me the green light to cut off tags and wash, and then after one wear declares it's not comfortable or has some other flaw. SO frustrating....
oh no - i have leos that fit that exact description in my closet as well. o_O . you know which ones she wears the most? the ones she gets from meets and this one particular GK leo that has somehow "grown" with her. it's on at least year 3.....

pss - i have an AXS Simone Biles GX leo that my kid says she will not wear. still has the tags on it. $70 leo. would be willing to do a trade if your daughter liked it. leo for a t-shirt from NZ. i want to come into boston to look at the genealogy place so i would even come into the city and meet up for a trade. i can send you a picture if you like.

Wow, thanks for that! My daughter is prob coming to the point between a CL and an AXS so I would be happy to do a swap- and quite honestly she would be thrilled with a Simone Biles leo. What sort of colour/picture/size of NZ T-shirt would you like? Silver ferns, kiwis (birds) and sheep are the classics but I could prob find something different

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back